• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best place to hatch eggs?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I thought of this during the recentI thought of this during the recentI thought of this during the recent Great Egg Swap.
    Most of you know the best place to hatch eggs in Sinnoh is between Route 209, Solaceon Town and Route 210. But what about the other regions?

Hoenn: usually go through Mauville City, Route 117 , and Verdanturf Town or the I ride back and forth on the Cycling Road over Route 110.

What about you guys?

Spoiler:

I love that straight line that runs from Verdanturf Town through Mauville City and ending at the shores of the beach on Route 117. And it's in very close proximity to Hoenn's Day Care, to boot, being smack-dab right next to the building! :D

Anyway, when I'm breeding Pokemon and all I'm concerned with is breeding the Pokemon in question, here are my locations:

Hoenn:
    1. "Breeders' Path" (Verdanturf/Mauville/Route 117) - my fanmade nickname for the aforementioned past that runs through Mauville City, with terminals at Verdanturf Town and Route 117. Probably my most used path out of any Pokemon game location in the series.

Spoiler:

2. Desert Underpass - another useful path without any obstructions, situated beneath Fallarbor Town/Hoenn's Desert and exclusive to Emerald Version. The main drawback is that you have to stock up on Max Repels to get the full use out of it, or else you'll constantly be bothered by Whismur and Ditto while walking/running/Biking.

Kanto:
    Spoiler:

1. Pallet Town - I hardly breed in FireRed Version as Emerald Version offers way more breeding perks/features such as Flame Body halving hatching time and Nature inheritance via Everstone. I usually bike around here whenever I'm breeding a Kanto Starter Pokemon, seeing as most Kanto Starter Pokemon are received in Professor Oak's Lab here.

I like hatching a Pokemon in a fitting place. Larvesta in Relic Castle, Eevee (if evolving into Umbreon) on New Moon Island or Black City, etc. If I need a fast hatch and don't give a crap, then probably the route with the daycare already there.

This! ...although I'm probably way more particular/obsessed than most people regarding the location in which I hatch Pokemon. :cer_laugh: I usually hatch starter Pokemon in its region's starting city (i.e., Hoenn Starter Pokemon would be hatched in Littleroot Town), and other Pokemon that I intend to use are usually hatched wherever they can be caught in the wild or a place that they're strongly associated with (i.e., Shroomish/Breloom in Hoenn's Petalburg Woods). If there's a certain move/ability I want the Pokemon to have but is unavailable in the game I'm playing, I'll forgo the "hatching location particulars" and end up hatching or catching the Pokemon in a different region/game (i.e., Absol with the Super Luck ability currently cannot be found in Hoenn-based games, so I'd have to resort to Platinum, HeartGold, or BW/B2W2).

And yes, if a Pokemon is heavily associated with a region's Safari Zone (i.e., Tauros) and I'm hatching it, I'll willingly travel to the Safari Zone, use up money, expend my allotted steps, and walk around just to hatch the Pokemon in question there.

I love hatching eggs in places where there aren't any wild Pokémon, especially "Special" locations. My favorite choices for Gen III would be the Secret Base, and Trainer Hill in Emerald. For FireRed/LeafGreen, I would probably hatch them on the Sevii Island towns. In D/P/Pt I think I would pick a place like Snowpoint Temple, Full Moon Island, New Moon Island, Flower Paradise, or the Global Terminal—All because (I think most of them) they have their own location name data, which shows up in the Pokémon's records..

This. :) If I'm in one of my "just for kicks" game files or I'm in a file where the overall goal is to do something like "catch Latios in Emerald", I usually go to the Battle Frontier or Trainer Hill, as they're not some random route or city/town and possess their own location identifiers in the Pokemon summary screen. Hoenn's Abandoned Ship (AKA the S.S. Cactus) is another favorite Pokemon-hatching locale of mine.

..Sometimes, I also make up really weird excuses just to hatch Pokemon in such "special" locations that have their own location data - IIRC, I hatched a Trapinch in Abandoned Ship, with the 'story' that a Trainer had left it there and that I found it. XD

I haven't decided on set-in-stone hatching places for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova, but I'll think of some once I'm able to play the games associated with those regions. :cer_wink:

Years
    Favourite route?
    I really like to cycle through Black City and White Forest, in their respective versions, another way i think it is just funny is in Bridges, when i search for some feathers , the eggs simply hatch easy and quick,and i get the Feathers .

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
    It really depends if im just breeding for natures i stay close to the daycare until my six slots are full then move to the longest route available in that region

BUT ...

If im breeding for fun or hacking perfect natures I usually hatch the pokemon in thier best locations
    Ex.
    eevee- in a big city
    Magby- in the volcano or the hottest place on the map
    Clampearl- i remember trying to dive and swim along the ocean floor forgot if it worked

Last edited:

VioletRain

Eevee Trainer.
    Years
    For me, the most comfortable place to hatch eggs in any of the games has been Unova's Skyarrow Bridge. I just stick a Pokemon with Flame Body up front and enjoy the scenery for a few minutes. :D The added benefit of that is that if I'm breeding the same Pokemon multiple times, by the time one egg has hatched, all I have to do is cycle back to the Daycare and the next egg will usually be ready.
    It's my routine and I love it. :3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If it's an egg I really don't care all too much about but want, I'll hatch it wherever. If it's an egg that I planned on getting to exclusively use on my team, then I'll hatch it in the starting town to make it look like I got all of my Pokemon at the same place!

Back