• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokémon themes

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is anime-specific, so I'll just kick this over there. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked the "We Will be Heroes" theme because it was first used in The Rise of Darkrai. I also like the original (English) Pokemon theme for nostalgia reasons.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    "I Believe" from Johto Master Quest has always been a favorite of mine. A really upbeat song accompanied the season well.

"I Want to be a Hero" is just an awesome theme for my favorite season, Advanced Battle. Of course, both of these are for the English dub.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    We will be heroesssss, we can change the world if we tryyyyy!

DP: Battle Dimension had the best theme music for me! That song was CONSTANTLY stuck in my head. It just completely summarized what the show was about for me. Sure the classic Gotta Catch 'Em All tune is right up the top too, but Battle Dimension just took it to a whole new level. :3 Incidently, the second ever theme tune (I don't remember the name but it's like "We all live in a Pokemon world, I wanna be the greatest master of them all!") is my least favourite by far. How uninspiring is that theme tune? D: Oh and the Pokemon Johto one was upbeat and fun too, another favourite <3

Guest123_x1

My favorite theme is the first English dub theme, followed by "Born To Be A Winner" (Johto League Champions).

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • I like them all in there own way, but the BEST was the Original.

I like the first 5 OP Themes and OP 8: Unbeatable.

Morning Sun Espeon

Time to shine ★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Actually, the Jhoto opener was always really good. and Pokemon World from the Orange League where my favorites. I haven't watched any B&W to see the opener ^^;;

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Perhaps I misunderstood the "theme" bit in the thread's title. While the Route 26/27 theme is my favourite in the anime overall, my favourite opening theme is definitely "Born to be a Winner".

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The first opening is my favorite American theme followed by Pokemon World, but my overall favorite is the Japanese opening 9: Battle Frontier, it's a beautiful song. Second to that is the the tenth theme "Spurt", and the third being the first Japanese theme.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • In English, my favorite will be Unbeatable and We will be Heroes. The songs are great and beautiful...

In Japanese, my all time favorite would be Advance Adventure. I liked the tune so much....

And my least favorite would be Black and White..... Never liked that one... But never the less, I liked all English theme songs except this one....

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I loved almost every themes, but my favourite ones are "Born to be a winner" and the Original Theme, in english or in french they are awesome. Even in evry other languages I think.

I also liked a lot the 9th opening, the 6th, the 7th, the... I guess I loved them all (except the 10th that's just horrible).

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • My favorite theme song from Pokemon is the the Pokemon Advanced Challenge Theme! It's freakin awesome. It's like one of those songs that when you listen to it with headphones on, you go outside and take a walk while walking like a BOSS.

try it, it's fun. I don't do that, i'm not that weird...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • In English, my favorite will be Unbeatable and We will be Heroes. The songs are great and beautiful...

In Japanese, my all time favorite would be Advance Adventure. I liked the tune so much....

And my least favorite would be Black and White..... Never liked that one... But never the less, I liked all English theme songs except this one....
    Even the 10th English theme?

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Really? (has to do an advanced post for this one!) Okay I'm ready! (clears throat)

I want to be the very best!

DUH DUH DUN

Like no one ever was!

DUN DUN DA DUN

To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause!

DUN DA DUN

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide.

DUN DUN DA DUN

Teach pokemon to understand the power that's inside..............

(wait for it....)

POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing beats the original! :cool:

Back