• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BEST. POKEMON. EVA!!!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    When choosing favorites, what do you generally look for, to make a pokemon a favourite pokemon? Why would you prefer it than other attributes it has?

For example, would you prefer if a pokemon is cute? That its weird-looking? That it has a cool name? That has lots of colors? Not too much colors? That has an interesting name origin? And the list basically goes on from there.

I go purely on looks and looks alone. Stats can help but if it has a nice design it wins my love.

Years
    Design, Move set, color scheme, type, name, usefulness, Stats. As well as a few other things but that is the major ones.

Years
    Cuteness, I guess. I hate Moe with the fiery anger of a thousand suns, but cute critters(Pokemon in particular) are the exact opposite.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    I really go for looks and typing.

My fav currently-
    BEST. POKEMON. EVA!!!

I really love the R/S sprite.

Years
    *shrugs and points tew avie, username and signature*

This particilar Pokemon get's alot of hate tho. I don't know why. And I know I brag about this one alot but unlike the overrated Pokemon (maybe with the exception of Hydreigon), this deserves it's praise and is more comptent in battle than they are, even more so than Hydreigon or Volcarona in most cases.

Years
    I like Pokemon that look cool and creative, such as Umbreon. It looks cool, and the glowing yellow on it's body is creative.

He's my fav btw <3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It depends on what they're based on. My favorite Pokemon are based on Dinosaurs. And I really love underrated and hated Pokemon, like Stunfisk and Muk.

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
    I find my favorite pokemon usually based on appearence. For example, I love Gothitelle and Chandelure because they are so bold and elegant. <3 But I also favor pokemon that look cute, like Cherrim and Aipom. :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Looks, design, sometimes even its cry, and it's awesomeness factor. So basically my favorites are based on aesthetics rather than stats, because I play the game to have fun, and don't bother with the competitive part (as in WiFi battles). It's a really nice bonus, though, if an awesome-looking Pokemon also happens to be awesome in battle.

Years
    My favorite animals are turtles, which is why Squirtle has ALWAYS been my favorite pokemon. I guess you could also say I like cool pokemon, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, and Mr. Mime.

HWC

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Pichu will always be my favorite pokemon. He's just so adorable.

Altaria~

H m m ~ H m m m ~ ♫
    Years
    Appearance. ^u^ And currently my favorites are Swanna, Altaria and the Ice-cream family (Vanllite, Vanllish and Vanilluxe)~

OMG! All of them has the same colour scheme blue and white~!!XD

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    A lot of my favorites fall into one of two lists:
    LIST 1:
    Lucario, Ninetales, Jolteon
    LIST 2:
    Cloyster, Glalie, Electrode
    Interesting, huh? It seems I like those wolf/fox-like pokemon and the ones that are mostly round. Those, I guess, are my criteria as of right now.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    There are many reasons why Raichu is my favorite.

-It is adorable
    -It ISN'T Pikachu
    -It's strong for a cute pokemon
    -It is one of my favorite types (Electric)
    -It is a mouse which is one of my favorite animals
    -My personaliy pretty much makes me a mouse (shy, quiet, high-pitched, small)
    -It is in on my family's favorite anime episodes (Lt. Surge) so it has a lot of good memories

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    For me, favorite Pokemon are just Pokemon I... well, favor. This could be for a variety of reasons, to be perfectly honest. The most common, however, being Pokemon that I find "cool" looking aesthetically (Raichu, Charizard, Typhlosion), Pokemon that I find "powerful" (Charizard, Typhlosion, Arcanine), Pokemon that resemble dogs (Arcanine, Lillipup, Stoutland and nowadays Houndoom, too) and I tend to favor fire Pokemon for some reason. But I never noticed that until I listed some of my favorites. Most of the time, I favor Pokemon based on Attack and Sp. Attack stats since I'm more of an attack based battler. Though, sometimes looks do come into play.

Back