• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon Series!!!

Best Pokemon series!!!

• Indigo League

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Orange Islands/League

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Johto League

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Whirl Islands

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Houen League

• Kanto Battle Frontier

• Sinnoh League

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I LIKE MORE THAN ONE

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Indigo League
    - 83 Episodes
    - Main Characters (Ash, Brock, Misty)
    - Team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Kingler, Tauros,Muk
    -Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Orange Island/League
    - 34 Episodes
    - Main Characters (Ash, Brock, Misty, Tracey)
    - Team: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Lapras, Tauros, Snorlax
    - Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Johto League
    - 92 Episodes
    - Team: Pikachu, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Heracross, Phanpy
    - Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Whirl Islands (Adventure)
    - 13 Episodes
    - Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Houen League
    -
    132 Episodes
    - Main Characters (Ash, Brock, May, Max)
    - Team: Pikachu, Grovyle, Swellow, Torkoal, Corphish, Glalie
    - Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Kanto Battle Frontier
    - 58 Episodes
    - Main Characters (Ash, Brock, May, Max)
    -Team: Mixture of all teams
    - Tournament Ranking:
    Spoiler:

Sinnoh League
    - 135 Current Episodes
    - Main Characters (Ash, Brock, Dawn)
    - Current Team:
    Spoiler:

List the reason why you like a particular season better than the other.
    - Team
    - Characters
    - Storyline
    - Rivals
    - League
    - Pokemon
    - Evil Organizations
    - etc...

* Some Additional Information may be incorrect

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I really enjoyed pokemon Johto. Definetly not any of the new ones. Pokemon used to be so good in it's early days but now it's so crappy.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    My favorite would be AG (Advance - Battle Frontier).
    Haruka introduced contests. And we finally got a female co-star next to Satoshi. It was very awesome to see a girl having a big journey ahead of her, traveling with Satoshi, going through the battles and stuff. :]
    I loved the characters as well. Haruka, being my all-time favorite character of the whole show. woo. And her rivals were amazing. Shuu, being her sex friend! *shot* And Harley ..he was just epic. One of the best characters EVER. <3 Team Aqua/Magma, though I really wish they did more with them. D: they can never do it right with villian teams, ugh.

But AG, was just really enjoyable for me. A new start. new characters, yup.

D/P is starting to become another favorite. When it first started, I got pretty into it, and loved Hikari. But after a while, I became bored and lost interest in Pokemon pretty much. Since 2009 started, I began watching the show again, and got back into Hikari ..and became obsessed with that sexy team, Ginga Dan! They are definitely the best villian team we've had. I really hope the writers give them a good conclusion. :3 D/P has given us many surprises and different things. I just like that about it.

And the first season ..just because of the total new. Everything was new. It was the most exciting. Nothing was a repeat. It had all those funny cartoony moments. Yeah. :]

But AG will definitely stay as my favorite! :]

!MajesticSmeargle!

Let's Seperate Our Worlds
    Years
    Johto was my favorite of course.
    When I first saw all the colors on that Saturday morning it was like OMG I love it.
    And then the theme song got to me too.

But I also like the first season, with the indigo league but not as much as Johto.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    I might be alone on this one....but the kanto battle frontier was by far my favorite. First of all, May is there, a great contest battler and character. Ash has cool pokes such as Sceptile and Swellow, but also uses his other pokes like charizard, tauros, and heracross. Ash also faces some of the hardest battles in the whole series (Articuno, 3 Regis, Alakasam-Metagross-Espeon, etc.). The plot also moved along fairly quickly, and May did great in the Kanto Grand Festival.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Personally, I liked the Orange League. It was cool to see Ash earning Gym Badges from things other than fighting Gym Leaders, not to mention Lapras... which is one of my favorite pokemon. Indigo League... not as good as Orange Islands or Johto, better than Hoenn by far, and about even with Sinnoh.

Besides, this season was when Ash won his first championship, which is pretty cool.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Hm I'd have to say that I like The Indigo League and The Orange League; The reason for Indigo, well thats easy its because its the the original and the season that started it all. I have a lot of fond memories of that season and the same goes for the Orange League, it was awesome to watch Ash earning the Orange League badges in different ways as it said in the post up top of me. The Johto season was good too...man I really miss the good ol' days, there are some days that I wish I could back and watch the very first season for the very first time again.

Years
    Either the Indigo League or the Orange League. I really don't like any of the newer series (Sinnoh/Hoenn) because Max and May and Dawn are really annoying. I also liked Ash's old voice better, and he doesn't seem to act "in character" in the Sinnoh episodes.

EDIT: I liked the Johto league a lot, as well. :D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I enjoyed the original the most. I probably liked his Kanto team the least (aside from Johto...God knows how horrible Johto was. How bloody, bloody horrible it truly was...just, gah, horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. :(), but I enjoyed the characters and the plotline the most. It was fun, addictive, and made me want to watch the next episode more than any other series.

After that, Sinnoh, easily. His team is without a doubt the best team he's had so far, disregarding the whole "let's take the best Pokemon from every region and make it into a super-special awesome team for Ash to use". I hated Ash's team in Johto (because it was HORRIBLE. Am I saying that too much? I don't think I've gotten my point across effectively enough imo; JOHTO WAS HORRIBLE.), didn't much care for Kanto (I liked Squirtle and Bulbasaur; Uberzard was uber, Butterfree I didn't much care for, Pidgeot was awesomely cool but un-awesomely released, therefore not cool, and he never really kept a sixth party member with him; Muk and Kingler were all right, though), and his Hoenn team was a bit odd (I didn't much like Corphish or Torkoal...). His Sinnoh team, I like everything but that damn Buizel. :|

And there's Paul, the character that fangirls want to love and guys want to kick in the teeth.

Still, Kanto was coolest because of Misty and how funny a lot of the episodes were. The humor didn't translate to Sinnoh...I find that Pokemon has lost much of its humor over the years. :|

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I might be alone on this one....but the kanto battle frontier was by far my favorite. First of all, May is there, a great contest battler and character. Ash has cool pokes such as Sceptile and Swellow, but also uses his other pokes like charizard, tauros, and heracross. Ash also faces some of the hardest battles in the whole series (Articuno, 3 Regis, Alakasam-Metagross-Espeon, etc.). The plot also moved along fairly quickly, and May did great in the Kanto Grand Festival.
    Well you aren't alone :D
    And May was great there that's for sure... it was so bad when she had to leave Ash...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Since when was Whirl Islands a full series? It's only Johto there. Also, do not mix the Japanese names with the English names. You either say all Japanese or all English because it can be a bit messed up. When I saw Houen it messed me up :\.

Anyways...Hoenn was probably the best overall, but each adventure had special individual qualities.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    By far it has got to be the Indigo League. The fact that it was the original, new, and that it seemed like there was something interesting every episode makes it my favourite. There was a gym battle every 5-10 episodes and hardly any crap.

Orange Island was fun as well, and I enjoyed the new different ways to get the gym badges, especially the double battle.

Johto seemed like it dragged on forever, and Im sure there was more than 92 episodes. Maybe it was because it stretched over so many series, but this was the time where I really started to waver off from Pokemon. There was just so much crap and filler. You could take out half the episodes and the story would still make sense, unlike other animes where you had to watch every episode. It seemed like you would watch an episode and nothing happened. Another thing is that they all followed the same formula. They would find a new pokemon, Team Rocket would try and steal said pokemon, Ash saves the day. It was the same every time. Also, it became obviously clear that Ash gets "special treatment". I know its a show, but it seemed to stretch outside of "reality". I mean, Ash gets all three starters in Kanto, and then in Johto, he gets all those three starters as well. What are the odds!?!?!??!?!??

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    All of them except for the orange league i dislike it a lot i hate Tracy the only think i like is ashs bayyle with lance.drake i cant remember which one

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I loved Kanto/Johto they were my absoutlte favorites. Those series were my favorite of all time from any show, I just cannot describe and stress how much I liked it. It crushed me when Misty left, when I re-watch I can't stand seeing her go. I don't like the Hoen series that much but the Sinnoh was pretty good. It's cool to see Ash mature but I like his old voice better personally. I guess since I grew up a Kanto boy, it will be the closest and I loved Johto as well. The pokemon in both those regions were my favorite.

Ash, Misty and Brock were awesome to watch together
    Team Rocket in Kanto/Johto were the best and funnest to watch IMO
    Gary is my favorite rival
    Both these regions storylines were very interesting to me

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
    I like the original Indigo league and a little bit of the Orange Islands but the new episodes are getting so childish and slightly creepy.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I probably would have like Pokemon cronicles if there were more episodes but its not even on the list anyway

Johto or hoenn

The indigo leage was to old and possably had a different concept or ideas?

the johto leage had better movies better pokemon.etc

Years
    I like all of the series but like the indigo league more because it started it all off and the team Ash had was my favourite

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Indigo League, because it was still fresh, and there were few if any repetitions in plot.

Though, technically, the Indigo/Orange Islands/Johto series' are all considered a part of the "Original Series".

Back