• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon Series!!!

Best Pokemon series!!!

• Indigo League

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Orange Islands/League

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Johto League

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Whirl Islands

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Houen League

• Kanto Battle Frontier

• Sinnoh League

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I LIKE MORE THAN ONE

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Kanto is the series I liked the most as it was the one which started it all. Besides I loved the first gen pokemon and liked Ash's pokemon in the indigo league.(The pokemon series also had a bit of humourous elements at the start of the series which I think that hoenn lacked and thus I didn't liked hoenn very much. But may was simply awesome and I loved BLAZIKEN!!! :D). I liked orange islands too as I think that they were good.(I like Sinnoh's Ash's team the most but havent watched sinnoh and so can't comment on it for now! :P)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    My favourite is the original Pokemon series (seasons 1 to 5) with Ash, Misty and Brock (and Tracy in season 2). I can't exactly tell why, though. But I can try to guess:
    Season 1 was funny and exciting because it was new and the characters had still to be developed back then. I especially loved the "love-hate-relationship" between Ash and Misty!
    Season 3 to 5 had a great drawing style in my oppinion. Although in Pokemon Advanced and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl the pokemon attack animations got a whole lot better, I just don't like the way the characters are drawn in these series.
    Also in the Pokemon series Ash was more like a "student", who hat to learn a lot on his journeys - mostly by himself. In Pokemon Advanced and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl he became more of a teacher to May and Dawn. I guess I find the journeys of the jung, unexperienced trainers more interesting than the journey of trainers, who already have seen and experienced a lot. At the beginning there were new lessons to be learned - now there seem to be only reminders.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    My favourite is the original Pokemon series (seasons 1 to 5) with Ash, Misty and Brock (and Tracy in season 2). I can't exactly tell why, though. But I can try to guess:
    Season 1 was funny and exciting because it was new and the characters had still to be developed back then. I especially loved the "love-hate-relationship" between Ash and Misty!
    Season 3 to 5 had a great drawing style in my oppinion. Although in Pokemon Advanced and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl the pokemon attack animations got a whole lot better, I just don't like the way the characters are drawn in these series.
    Also in the Pokemon series Ash was more like a "student", who hat to learn a lot on his journeys - mostly by himself. In Pokemon Advanced and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl he became more of a teacher to May and Dawn. I guess I find the journeys of the jung, unexperienced trainers more interesting than the journey of trainers, who already have seen and experienced a lot. At the beginning there were new lessons to be learned - now there seem to be only reminders.
    Now that's something I was talking about. And I too really liked the "love-hate-relationship" between Ash and Misty!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl is easily the best series. It has better battles when compared to the other 2 (Original and Advanced Generation) and it's characters are more enjoyable by far. Also, Ash's Pokémon are better in this series, the Gym Leaders are involved more, and Paul is the best rival by far. I'd go on but that would constitute as a rant.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Kanto and Johto were by far my favorite, but that's probably because I grew up with them. Didn't like Hoenn much, and hated Sinnoh at first, but its starting to grow on me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2009
    I've always been partial to the Indigo League, but I was a pretty big fan of the Hoenn League too.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    I might be alone on this one....but the kanto battle frontier was by far my favorite. First of all, May is there, a great contest battler and character. Ash has cool pokes such as Sceptile and Swellow, but also uses his other pokes like charizard, tauros, and heracross. Ash also faces some of the hardest battles in the whole series (Articuno, 3 Regis, Alakasam-Metagross-Espeon, etc.). The plot also moved along fairly quickly, and May did great in the Kanto Grand Festival.

QFT. Battle Frontier is my second favorite saga in the series. Ash had the best fights in that saga as well. Sinnoh is my favorite since Ash has a better rival in Paul and I also like the Johto tournament since it had decent fights as well ie Heracross vs Scizor.

yivx

Johto ftw <33;
    Years
    Indigo League, Orange Islands and Johto Journeys
    Those are my faves! :D

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    My favorites would be the
    Indigo League: nostalgic...
    Whirl Island: I liked the Whirl Cup Competition.
    Shinnoh League: because of Team Galactic and J.

Back