• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokemon type?

Which type is the best?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Grass

• Bug

• Psychic

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dark

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dragon

• Ice

• Flying

• Ghost

• Rock

• Steel

• Poison

• Electric

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Fighting

• Ground

• Normal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    Which Pokemon type do you think is the best? I was recently arguing with my friend over which types are better. I said Dragon types and my friend said Fire types. What do you guys think? Out of all 17 types, which type do you think is best in your opinion and why? It can be anything from Psychic to Bug types! Choose any!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Tie between Water and Dragon. Most of the Pokemon of those types have cool designs and both types have good coverage together; only Empoleon, Ferrothorn and Shedinja resist this combo.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    There is no "best" type to say the least. There are, however, types that excel in one particular subject. For example, Steel-types has the most number of resistances therefore they are best for sponging certain attacks. dragon-type attacks are only resisted by Steel-types, meaning that they are best as an offensive type. Water-types doesn't have that much resistances, but there are certain Water-type Pokemon that excel in both attacking and defense. The list could go longer...

Though, statistically speaking, Dragon-types are the "best" Pokemon to use. So I guess you could say that.

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
    Years
    Psychic. Psychic. More Psychic. It used to the the 'overpowered' type back in the old games where it hardly had any Pokemon in its way to becoming the 'high risk-high reward' type it is now. In older versions, if you had a strong Psychic type, it was essentially unbeatable unless an opponent threw out a Ghost, Dark, or Bug type.

I still firmly believe that Psychic types have some of the most powerful moves next to Dragon types and legendary moves, and always have at least one in my party in any of the games.

/endfanboyism

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Fighting type every day! Best attack moves, and ridiculously high attack stat! Fight Types = The Best.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Call me crazy, but, Electric types have always been my thing. I used to love Fire types until I realized I only really liked the fire starters! I then realized that the majority of the Pokemon I like are Electric Types. Pikachu, Zekrom, Luxray, and such.

Years
    Although Water is my favorite type, I voted for Psychic because of their versatility and the great TMs they can learn.

Out of all my main in-game (pre-National Dex) teams in all my games so far, only SoulSilver and Black saw me carry a Psychic-type with me (Xatu and Gothitelle).

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
    I couldn't choose between dark, psychic, ghost and dragon but in the end I went for dragon.. because.. idunno dragons are just plain awesome. (: And some kind of exclusive, because there are not so much of them.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I don't really think, there's a best Pokemon type, but Electric type Pokemon have an advantage of being the best, in my opinion. only 'cause I like them so much and their pro' looking

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I don't think there is a best type anymore because the best type is a manner of opinion. Anyways, since I love Ghost type Pokemon, my favorite type would have to be Ghost types so I believe Ghost type Pokemon are the best.

:t354:TG

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This is a poll thread. Poll threads aren't allowed, sorry :(

Best Pokemon type?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back