• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Ruby/Sapphire starter pokemon

Which starter pokemon should i choose?

• Total voters

Febbie8

dOrK
Years
  • hey how do you guys get the trainer cards????? please tell me!! :'(

are there anyother pokemon that learn false swipe besides sceptile? does anybody know how i can get my tyrogue to evolve into a hitmontop? its the only hitmon i dont have... i didnt get a chance to shark one >:K

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Febbie8 said:
    hey how do you guys get the trainer cards????? please tell me!! :'(

are there anyother pokemon that learn false swipe besides sceptile? does anybody know how i can get my tyrogue to evolve into a hitmontop? its the only hitmon i dont have... i didnt get a chance to shark one >:K

Zangoose is another Pokemon that learns False Swipe. They are only available to catch in Ruby, however.

To evolve a Hitmontop, you need to have both Attack and Defence at the same stat level. So, they need to be both at 60 each, for example.

Febbie8

dOrK
    Years
  • oh thanx what level does zangoose learn false swipe? i have one on saph that knows crush claw :) how about getting a hitmon lee? i know how to get hitmon top and hitmon chan but how do you get hitmonlee? do you have to have attack as the highest? thats what im guessing :P

im trying to go to the requests but for some reason i cant open the chat page >:@

Aiya Quackform

Her High Quackiness
    Years
  • I like Sceptile. It has several excellent uses, including sp sweeping and, my fav, toxistalling. Also consider that you have several great options in fire and water Pokemon elsewhere in the game, while you have less things to choose from in grass. Take, in fire, for example, Ninetales, Torkoal, and Camerupt all have their uses. There's also a myriad of water Pokemon to choose from. (Water is the single most prolific type in the game.) As for grass, the only one that comes emmediately to mind is Breloom. It's great too, don't get me wrong, Breloom's one of my favorite RS Pokemon. But overall, I think Treecko is your best starter option. You have an advantage in the first gym, but after that you'll need some anti-fighting help unless you want to do some major leveling up.

Heh, I went on something of a rant there...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like Torchic because it's cute. =o Treecko only looks decent in its second form and Mudkip only in its third. XP (But I HATE Combusken with a passion. Argh.)

...what? ._.; That's really the basis of how I choose my starters. Really shallow, and probably stupid too, but... meh. o.o; The technicalities and strategy of Pokemon never really interested me all that much. I've only recently started paying attention to the fact that Hyper Beam and Thunder just might not be the best attacks in the game, rofl. XD;;

Posts like this are why I stay out of the games sections. :)

Back