• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Square Enix Game

koopacrazy

The Super Koopa!
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Title says it all please leave a detailed description of why as for me my favorite square game is Threads of Fate one of the only action rpgs made by square plus one of the story lines is about a pink haired girl plotting world dommination its just darn right awesome!

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Final Fantasy 1-6. I love their simplicity. My favourite of them is FFV because of its job system.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Square had quite a bit of Action-RPGs (namely the Mana series) but whatever. Most of my favorite games are before the merger really.

-Chrono Trigger/Cross really need no explanation.

-Xenogears had one of the best storylines in an RPG.

-Secret of Mana is an old masterpiece that needs to played.

-FFT/IX/V are my favorite of the FF games.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. :'D It's my favourite game in the KH series (which is my favourite series ever) and I think it's a great game regardless. The story is a prequel so it's easy to pick up if you haven't played the other games, the characters are solid and there aren't a million to remember like in some of the other games (especially since most of the worlds are Disney classics so you already know a lot of them!). The graphics are superb on the PSP and the music matches the game perfectly. And the battle system? So much fun. I love the game to pieces. ♥

Close runner up is Chrono Trigger. I only played it a few years ago when the DS port came out but I fell in love with it so fast. The game is fun, plot is typical RPG fare (but from back when it wasn't 100% standard, I guess) and above all... oh my god the soundtrack. It's amazing. It sounded so nostalgic to me from the word go even though I know I never played it before then. And I still love it. I listen to it often.

But I need to go play some earlier FFs as well as some Dragon Quest games though since I don't feel I can accurately pick the best SE game without them. :/

edit: sdklf;s I don't know how I forgot it but also The World Ends With You! It's one of the best games on DS and I wish SE would do more things like it. It was so original and fresh after Final Fantasy Rehash: Rehash 34. ~_~ I wish it had been more well received (even if it was very well reviewed here in the West) so they wouldn't be afraid to step outside the box more often. I don't mind a direct sequel or spinoff title here and there but that's almost literally the only thing they do now.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I really loved Kingdom Hearts 2. But I have to say that my fav is Final Fantasy X (does that count? It's a Square Soft game XD). It's what got me into Final Fantasy, it's what got me into games from Square. There are many good games out there form Square, but my fav has to be FFX.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Final Fantasy VI.
    Reasons: One of the best story-lines I have ever seen.
    The main villain ISN'T some overpowered enemy, he's starts off weak and gains power as the story goes.
    The story (seems to be a running theme. XD) is told through all of the characters perspectives.
    Loved the music. (and I still do.)
    and more that I'm too lazy to mention. XD

Runner-ups: The World Ends With You
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    Chrono Trigger

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Of what little I've played, The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy IV, specifically the DS version (even if it didn't have all the odd post-endgame stuff that Advance did).
    Something old, something new. Both of them are pretty amazing.

Other stuff includes the Kingdom Hearts midquels and a couple other Final Fantasies. I played a little Chrono Trigger, but I haven't beat it (shame on me). If I've played anything else by them I didn't realize it.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I like a lot of the Dragon Quest games, especially VI. I liked the harder difficulty level in that game, and I like Dragon Quest in general for sticking to it's roots, unlike Final Fantasy, which is trying Action RPGs and that junk. Plus, to me the newer Final Fantasy games are just too blasted easy. Really, the only Final Fantasy game that I have genuinely liked is FFIV for DS, as I said, I like harder games. Plus, the new Final Fantasys are overpopulated with angsty brooding idiots as protagonists, a tradition starting with Cloud Strife, whom I can't stand.

Miaka

Forever alone
    Years
  • Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 FM
    FFVI, FFX, FFV
    Dungeon Siege III
    And Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    kingdom hearts i and ii were awesome, but i think my favorite is the world ends with you - dunno why. i just loved the style and the storyline - it was really creative; i hope they make a sequel someday. c: oddly enough, i'm not a huge fan of the final fantasy series: for some reason, the turn-based battles bug the crap outta me (which is weird, since i enjoy pokemon) .__.' .

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is my favorite game ever(yes remakes do count shut up), so I'd probably go with that. The slowdowns are a pain in the ass, but the fantastic dialogue makes up for it.

If we're not talking about remakes, I'd probably say The World Ends With You, and Final Fantasy Type-0 is likely to be one of my favorites as well, if the rest of the game is as good as the demo.

I like a lot of the Dragon Quest games, especially VI. I liked the harder difficulty level in that game, and I like Dragon Quest in general for sticking to it's roots, unlike Final Fantasy, which is trying Action RPGs and that junk. Plus, to me the newer Final Fantasy games are just too blasted easy. Really, the only Final Fantasy game that I have genuinely liked is FFIV for DS, as I said, I like harder games. Plus, the new Final Fantasys are overpopulated with angsty brooding idiots as protagonists, a tradition starting with Cloud Strife, whom I can't stand.

I'm actually the other way; I like the franchise so much because it actually changes. Sure, there are plenty of bad choices, but I think it's better overall when a franchise has to make significant changes to the mechanics in order to stay fresh. Final Fantasy also seemed more about actual strategy than level grinding than Dragon Quest, but I know that with certain exploits, low level challenges can be done on both games.

Also, brooding idiot protagonists starting with Cloud? Bwahaha. Okay then captain.

Last edited:
    Back