• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best starter by type for comeptive battleing

the_gurpster

legendary pokemon trainer
    Years
    so yeah which starter in each type is the best for competitive battling.
    well for me here it is:

FIRE: blaziken because well i like its move pool and its kinda diverse with ways u can use it (sounded wrong i know XD)

WATER: swampert because it is ground so like earthquake and stealth rock is really useful.

Grass: ummmm none i guess but if i really hav to it is probabbly sceptile because it is fast and can learn sleep powder so yeah lol

so post ur thoughts and i just relized that they are all the hoenn starters well yeah post away

Detox

Idk about fire and water,but I use Sceptile for grass.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Here's my team:

Fire: Charizard because it looks awesome and so is it's movepool.
    Water: Swampert because it was my first ever starter and it was awesome.
    Grass: Torterra because it has a brilliant type duo and it was my first ever starter on D/P and swept all.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually infernape is the most widely used of the 4 fire starters- Char and Ty are raped by stealth rock and Ape outclasses blaziken in almost every way.

Swampert is easily the best water

Septile usually makes the best grass, although none are great.

Detox

fire: Typhlosion. very durable
    Grass.Sceptile,cause its just awesome
    water:Tie between Feraligatr and Empoleon

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
    These are my favorite starters:

Fire: Infernape because it's fast and can be bred with ThunderPunch!
    Grass: Sceptile because it's also fast and has a good special attack!
    Water: Swampert because it's immune to electricity and can learn Earthquake!

Years
    Fire = Charizard because he is awsome and he rocks
    Water = Swampet because he is a tank and if he has a god moveset can become unstobable
    Grass = Torterra i love that pokemon it is just awsome and all the other grass staters suck

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    The best starter pokemon in any generation is easily Mewtwo.

Think about it. He's a steel type, can learn TM 51 Tombstone, and has great speed and defence. Seriously, nothing gets past this guy. Breed one with a Turtwig to teach it Grass Knot and you'll bring down any flying pokemon you encounter.

Back