• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter Final Evolution of Each Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    Grass- Venusaur (Bulba is my favourite overall starter)
    Fire - Probably will be Emboar (I dislike most of the fire starters)
    Water - Swampert (Mudkip is so cute ^^)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Hmm... (slashes mean ties):

Grass-type: This is VERY close. Sceptile, followed by Torterra, and then Serperior. I just love Sceptile's "bipedal fighter" motif which is similar to Blaziken's, and as of now, he's the only bipedal Grass-type starter. The tail and the seeds on its back complement the design. Leaf Blade FTW.

Torterra's face is a bit odd, but it has A FREAKING FOREST ON ITS BACK. And its classification is the Continent Pokemon. Plus, it's a sturdy-looking Grass/Ground tank. Awesome by default, and VERY close to being my Sinnoh starter before I reconsidered Infernape.

I'm liking Serperior's name, especially as it capitalizes on Smugleaf's memetic BAness. And it's also royal, and the first snake-like Pokemon that isn't Grass! Should have been Grass/Dragon, though, because I really don't see how that type combination can be pulled off decently without us getting a funky-looking leaf dragon, or a draconic grass snake in the vein of Serperior.

Venusaur receives an honorable mention for being a classic bulbous dinosaur. ^^

[
    /
    ]

Fire-type: EXTREMELY close as well. Blaziken, followed by Charizard, followed by Emboar/Typhlosion, followed by Infernape. But seriously, all of the Fire-types are awesome; none have disappointed me yet (eh, except during the Emboar leak, but I've QUICKLY gotten over that).

Blaziken has white "hair" of awesomeness, with burning wrists, and skyscraper-defying LEAPS. BURNING JUSTICE incarnate. And the ORIGINAL FireFighter starter. A docile, yet fierce, partner for Pokemon battles.

Now Charizard is just classic. A flaming dragon with a menacing roar and utter BAness, with shining blue eyes that are brimming with courage and hope. Awesome.

Emboar: a black Chinese BOAR BOMB with absurd reckless attacks. Awesome as well.

Typhlosion: the volcanic badger manifestation of typhoons and explosions. With flames bursting to back it. Awesomeness.

Infernape: MONKEY KING STARTER!!!! Nice blue accents, with flames shooting from its head. The conclusion of fiery AWESOMENESS.

[
    /
    ][
    /
    ]
    Water-type: Blastoise. Probably followed by Feraligatr/Swampert, followed by Empoleon/Samurott.

Blastoise is well designed, backed with HYDRO CANNONS that unleash nightmarish torrents of water on its foes. WHY isn't it Water/Steel?

Feraligatr has a nice, "corrupted" name, with a classic, crocodilian look. Swampert is a classic tank as well, and looks like "watery rushdowns" personified.

I hate that Empoleon's sprites do not feature "true" black, because that boosts its design by a lot. It can look frumpy at times, but usually, it can be BA.

Bipedal Samurott looks freaking awesome. I still have slight qualms with the somewhat-extraneous mustache and weird-looking Murex helmet shell, but he's getting to be decent.

For some reason, I feel that Numel/Camerupt and Tropius should be starters as well...

Last edited:
    Years
    fire:
    1:typhlosion(prettty awesome)
    2:charizard (also pretty awesome)
    3:blaziken (his design is alright, but i think it could have been so much better)
    4:infernape (now were getting into the stomach churning area)
    5:emboar (oh, god... not to mention he could have been SOO much better)

grass:
    1. venusaur (hes cool and brings back memories)
    2. septile (just generally nice looking)
    3. meganium (still decent but i prefer chikorita)
    4. serperior (just meh, much prefer snivy and servine)
    5. torterra (just dont particularly like its design, and the designs of its prevos

water:
    1. samurott (what a badass)
    2. feraligatr (what a badass)
    3. blastoise (pretty cool but i dont like wartortle)
    4. swampert (mudkip and marshtomp are awesome, swampert not so much
    5. empoleon (dont like him at all.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Fire: Charizard, because come on... it's Charizard. Coolest fire-breathing dragon (but not Dragon-type) dude ever.

Water: Swampert, and not because it evolves from Mudkipz. Its Water/Ground typing is pretty awesome.

Grass: I rarely use Grass-types but I think that Serperior has the coolest design thus far.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Fire: I don't know, I was never really in love with any of the fire types. They always seem way too overrated to me, except this generation's fire starter which I don't see over hyped anywhere, but that's probably because it doesn't look very good. Seriously, why didn't they just keep it looking like a pig or a boar or something? It would look so much better.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be Typhlosion. Sure, it's pretty overrated, but I have my reasons.

1. It's not a fire/fighting
    2. It's pretty much out shined by Charizard and Quilava in terms of hype anyways.

Grass: Venasaur- It was pretty much either this or Torterra, with Sceptile as a close third. I never really cared for Meganium and this generation's grass type is mediocre at best. The reason Venasaur won over Torterra was the typing. I don't know if it's just me, but the starter typeing for Gen 4 was terrible.

Firstly, the Piplup line has flying moves, giving it an advantage over Turtwig and an extra one over Chimchar's line. Then it evolves into a part Steel type, allowing Torterra's STABed Ground moves to be super effective, Infernape's Fighting moves to be super effective, and its Fire moves to be neutral. Torterra becomes nuetral to water and fire. In my opinion, the Gen 4 starter typing completely defeated the purpose of the type triangle.

Water- Swampert- It is just the ultimate Water powerhouse, and Water is one of my favorite types. I liked Blastoise, and it has nostalgic value as its line was my first ever starter, but it almost seems bland compared to Swampert. Not to say Blastoise is bland, but I think Swampert outdoes it. Feraligatr is just okay in my opinion. I would like the current Water starter's line, but the final evo ruins it for me. Seriously, it has nothing to do with the design of the first two.

That's the problem with the Gen 5 starters, they end up looking nothing like their past evos. The only one that manages to be similar to its past two forms is Serperior.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Grass
    The greatest grass starter in my opinion is Sceptile. Because I like pokemon who are able to use their hands. He's also amazingly fast and can dish out some serious damage.

Venusaur comes in as a second, He is extremely useful in-game, and he looks pretty cool too.

I've never raised the other 3, so I can't really say anything about usefulness, but they look unappealing. especially compared to their basic and first evo stages.

Fire
    My favorite would be either Blaziken or Infernape. Though I used to hate Infernape when I first saw him, he actually looks kind off cool, and he'll certainly kick your butt. Blaziken Looks cool and represents the fighting type the most out off all fire/fighting starters.

Typhlosion and Charizard are also great pokemon, though Charizard was extremely overused and Typhlosion never got a cool sprite.

I never really liked emboar's design that much, his body is to big and round. Especially when compared to his legs.

Water
    My favorite of all 3 starter types. Unlike the other starters, all water were kinda similar: They weren't lightning fast, but they were all fairly bulky powerhouses. It was also the type that never disappointed me.

My favorite has got to be Swampert, Closely followed by Blastoise, Samurott, Feraligatr and Empoleon.
    I was a bummer to see that samurott lost the ability to use his hands after evolution, but I still like him. I don't like Empoleon belly pattern, I really love his face. Swampert never got a cool sprite till BW, but still his power and ken Sugimori artwork has never ceased to amaze me. Blastoise and Feraligatr... I don't actually have anything special to say bout them, but they look cool and wreak havoc.

If I had to talk out of a Competitive battling kind of view, I'd say Infernape, Swampert and perhaps Serperior are the best.

Last edited:

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    For fire: Charizard by far!
    For Grass: probably Torterra though Sceptile is awesome!
    For water: i can't decide. I love every single one!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Water : In My Picture
    Fire : Tie Between Blaziken and Typhlosion
    Grass : Sceptile /Serperior

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Grass

I love them all, can't choose!

Fire

Charizard!

Water

Empoleon or Samurott, can't choose!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Grass - Serperior
    Fire - Charizard
    Water - Feraligatr

Maybe most of Pokemon that I like was fast Pokemon.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    I find that the Grass type have the better final evolutions in my opinion so it was a tough one to pick between them all. Fire and Water are equal, couldn't pick a favourite between the two of them.

Water: Blastoise.

Fire: Typhlosion.

Grass: Torterra.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back