• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter of all time

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    For me this is how it goes:

Kanto:
    Best Starter of all time

The one and only, my first pokemon ever and the champ!

Johto:
    Best Starter of all time

Almost as badass as charizard. Awesome pokemon, great art concept.

Hoenn:
    Best Starter of all time

Love the water/ground combo

Sinnoh:
    Best Starter of all time

He's not great at all, but the other starters suuuucked.

Unova:
    Best Starter of all time

They are the worst by far. I can't like one.
    I feel like the starters have just downgraded by generation.

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Mudkip
    Sinnoh: Turtwig
    Unova: Oshawott
    All Regions: Squirtle

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • I'll have to go with...

Best Starter of all time

Bulbasaur seems to be the least-loved out of all the Kanto Starters, but I've always preferred the little dude over Charmander or Squirtle. Venusaur looks kind of cute in a monstrous, flabby, covered-in-warts sort of way.

Best Starter of all time

This is a Nostalgia Filter working in reverse; Cyndaquil was literally my first Pokemon ever, but I've grown to like Totodile more. Bitey little fellow.

Best Starter of all time

Torchic comes in a close second, but, in the end, i liek Mudkipz just a bit more.

Best Starter of all time

Oh, Turtwig, I'd be hard-pressed to find people that actually like you and your Evolutions. There's way too much hatred stemmed towards this guy, but Torterra is easily one of my favorite Pokemon ever.

Best Starter of all time

Much like Turtwig, Tepig is pretty consistently the least popular of the Unova Starters. Just consider this, people: Emboar is Ganon with a flaming beard.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I'm not gonna do the best by gen. thing. Because MY personal favorite and best pokemon I own is: Blazekien (Or however you spell that... what? I nicknamed mine)! First of all, in a battle with a friend, my Blaze (nickname) BEAT THE CRUD OUT OF HIS SWAMPERT!

Is any more necessary?

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • My favourite starter is Totodile :) Its last evolution absolutely roxx ! Besides it's so cute, and is a water type (I always choose water starters). It's a 2nd gen Pokémon, and seems happy all the time. What more could I want?

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    Cindaquil was always my favourite, and Totodile also ties for the spot. Typhlo has a pretty good Sp.Attack stat. No that Blaizken doesn't.. But playing the games with either Cindaquil or Totodile meant facing a slightly harder challenge. And I always enjoyed that.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Kanto
    Venasuar: I like venasuar because it is underated, and people think its for n00bs whiich is totally not true. It, in my opinion, is the coolest of the three.

Johto
    Meganium: How else? She pretty and strong! She has a decent movepool and is awesomely awesome!

Hoenn
    Blaziken: The original fire/fighting. Probably the best starter competitively. He has an awesome design and a kickass movepool

Sinnoh
    Torterra: "Cool! I have a tree on my back!" says torterra. He is an awesome pokemon with good alround stats

Unova
    N/A i dont like em

Now you may have noticed my opinions were on the final evo, same opinion for first.
    Overall: MEGANIUM

chakra199

Playing pokemon, like a boss
    Years
  • my absolute favorite would be
    chikorita..i always loved the johto region
    then probally mudkip..i absoultly love the hoenn region

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Kanto; Charizard
    Jhoto; Feraligatr
    Hoenn; Blaziken
    Sinnoh; uhm...this one is hard. Torterra I guess. Didn't really like Sinnoh. sadface.
    Unova; Serperior! Although Oshawott was my starter..

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • My two favourite starters are Totodile and Mudkip. Mudkip, when it evolves, is totally strong, its double type Ground/Water is perfect for me, a water Pokemon which doesn't fear electrik attacks !
    But... Totodile, I chose it when I was 7 and it really helped me while I even wasn't strategic yet. It was with it that I deafeated the Elite 4 and the Champion for the first time, so, it's my favourite starter :)

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • im torn between charmander and cyndaquil. i like charmander because he is old school plus i used to have a life size stuffed charmander toy. but i also think cyndaquil looks awesome.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
    Years
  • my first starter was Pikachu xD

but my favorite's in order from Kanto- Sinnoh are

Charizard
    Blastoise
    Typhlosion
    Feraligator
    Skeptile
    Blaziken
    Swampert
    Infernape
    Empoleon

(I only reallly liked one grass-type starter from Kanto-Sinnoh, and that is Skeptile, because that it is really one of the only fastest grass-type starters that had a slight chance of being almost as fast as the fire-types..)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I can't really choose one starter above all, so I'm going to have to go with my favorite starter from each of their respective regions. From Kanto it would be Squirtle. He has always been my favorite of the three original starter Pokémon, and after May had received one from the anime, I grew to like it a whole lot more. Johto I would pick Cyndaquil even though I like choosing Totodile most of the time. From Hoenn ─ it's the one starter that I hated at first, but eventually loved ─ would be Treecko. Coming from the Sinnoh region, it would be Turtwig. With Turtwig, I think it has one of the best combined typing of most of the starters. Last, but not least, I've favored Oshawott the most since the revelation of the Isshu starters.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • Best Starter of all time

Look at Swampert and that classic sprite! Not only is he viable on a competitive level, great movepool, and generally strong enough to take hits, but he's a giant fish. I mean, how cool is that? A giant blue swamp monster fish in your party, with fin radars on its head. You can even pick up radio signals while you're just being so fine with your giant walking fish.

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • Some tough choice, I'll just go for all Water Starter! Water Starter rocks! Okay now I know my pick from all the Water Starter, I'll pick Mudkip. MUDKIP ROCKS.

Back