• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Starter Pokemon

Which Starter is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Turtwig, both in design and practicality.
    His main weaknesses that he has to worry about are fire, and ice? Most ice-types are Water as well and weak to grass, and he gets Earthquake if he evolves at level 32 to deal with Fires.

Also, Earthquake kills both other starters.

^That

I also think that Turtwig and evolutions just look awesome. It has actually become my favourite starter, taking the title from Bulbasaur which I never thought would happen.

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
    Years
    I love my Torterra:D(killing fire Water Elec Ground Poison Stone Steal and Iceand flying(If it learnd that stone attack with 100 dmg)Psy with biteing moves
    (And Chimchar ist the Starter I hate more than ANYTHING else... it faked Torchiks type(and oh yeah the new to lucky i choosed the cool waterthing) Movesets ,I don´t like and stupid looking does it to...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd say Turtwig. Whenever I battle friends, out of all the starters, it's always Torterra that trips me up the most. It also looks the most useful when rushing through the E4 (I forget why) and my friends tend to swear by it too.

:( Too bad my grass-type slot is forever filled by Cherrim in gen 4 or I'd actually try raising one sometime.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Water/Steel seems pretty cool, so I'd chose Piplup.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I always go with Empoleon line. Doesn't mean it's the best, but it's the one that's worked the best for me and my play-throughs.

Wtaer/Steel is cool except when you have to pit it against a Ground-type...

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
    As much as I like Steel-Type, I think Turtwig is the best starter to choose because...well, think about it. When put up against Infernape, Torterra could use Earthquake and knock it out. With Empoleon, it could use Grass Knot and kill it. It's just the better choice. (Plus Torterra is a badass. :P)​

Vegas

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
    I love Piplup and Turwig lines, but I don't really enjoy Chimchar and it's evos.
    Idk, even Infernape is pretty good, I don't like it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This one is tough, because I've used all the starters and ended up liking them all. I guess if I had to choose one, then I'd pick Turtwig's evolutionary line. It's weird though, because I'm more of a person who enjoys hitting first and hitting hard which is what Infernape actually covers battle-wise. It's probably the concept of Turtwig and its typing combination that I like the best of the three.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I love all the starters, Turtwig is the best in my opinion. I used Chimchar in Pearl and it was great, but I think Turtwig and its line are the most unique.

I've never used Piplup before. I should try to sometime.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I tend to have an affinity for the fire-types, starting at least in Generation II (I don't remember Gen I that well, because I was oh so very young), so I would say Infernape. However, Empoleon is pretty cool too. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back