• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Starter Pokemon

Which Starter is the best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koh

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I chose Chimchar over all, because it has awesome evolutions, Turtwig seemed, and turned out to be very slow, and I just didn't want Piplup xD.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Piplup for sure.
    I used him my first playthrough and He did great against everything.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    On my first playthrough, Empoleon really kicked some.

It's unique typing helps it for a decent stab move in-game.

But, Torterra is pretty beastly with a Big Root and Leech Seed.

Years
  • Personally, I think the generation 4 starters are the worst of all the starter Pokemon... Dx But if I were to choose, I say Chimchar. I actually used to pick Piplup all the time, but once Platinum came out and I chose Chimchar, I started to like it a bit. :3

Brave Jonah

Ground Trainer
    Years
  • If voting was still open, I'd vote Chimchar all the way. He's actually my personal favorite starter of all of them. I guess I've just got a soft spot for monkeys.

VulpixKid

Youngster
    Years
  • If voting was still open, I'd vote Chimchar all the way. He's actually my personal favorite starter of all of them. I guess I've just got a soft spot for monkeys.
    I agree with all of this! I like Chimchar because hes soo cute and he is a fire type. Fire types are my favourite types.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Empoleon, the resistances, the effectiveness against many other types, plus I love the design.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Chimchar's Fire/Fighting type combo is really helpful later in the game. Plus, Chimchar is a monkey. Who doesn't like monkeys? :D

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • My first time playing Pearl I chose Chimchar. But then as he evolved into Infernape, a began to dispise him. I don't like Infernape at all, Monfernape is cool though.
    After I started a new game I have been choosing Turtwig, and not evolving it. I haven't chosen Piplup.
    I mean, Turtwig is AWESOME! Have you seen its' jaw?? EPIC!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2011
    Piplup!he's adorable!and I love Prinplup and Empoleon too, Turtwig is my second choice, Chimchar.....is my third, he's cute but, im not a big fan of Monferno and Infernape.... they're good for battling though..... :/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Piplup. It's the one I picked because Chimchar and Turtwig are kinda boring as far as designs go. Idk about their strengths, though, but they seem boring to me. Haven't evolved Piplup more than its second evolution, lol.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    Turtwig=Awesomeness

For some reason Iv'e been picking grass types as my starter. I picked Chimchar when i started my Diamond and wasn't very pleased.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back