• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Team?

Years
  • Yeah I guess you're right.

I would leave Cyndaquil and Bulbasaur out since a) he didnt use them much and b) you already have fire and grass covered (Charizard and Bayleef). Add Pikachu and Totodile gives you 4. Then Noctowl was usually with him so I would use that too... Then you can choose either Heracross or Donphan, depending on what you want or what is better in-game at a certain time...

id probably go with Heracross and Donphan and not use Noctowl, only because i really like those two haha

Years
  • id probably go with Heracross and Donphan and not use Noctowl, only because i really like those two haha

Ahaha fair enough... Plus you are covering more types that way. Charizard is already flying-type so you don't really need Noctowl that much. Besides, Heracross is one bad-ass mother. I love him. Bug-Fighting? One of the coolest type combos ever. (except for the 4x weakness to flying)... It's tied for my favourite bug-type with Scizor. I love steel and fighting types so i can't decide which i like better :(

Years
  • idk i love the four big bug Pokemon. Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross. all pretty much bad mothers. of course, Genesect is pretty cool. but i have a weakness for Gen 1-3 over the other Gens

Years
  • idk i love the four big bug Pokemon. Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross. all pretty much bad mothers. of course, Genesect is pretty cool. but i have a weakness for Gen 1-3 over the other Gens

Yeah i agree. Easily my favourite bugs. The new bug-types just don't appeal to me as much. I would rather Scizor over Genesect anyday. Dat red shell. Yum.

But yeah Gen III is my favourite even though i didn't like some of the new Pokemon I just loved it. The addition of steel-type in Gen II is the greatest thing ever. It gave us so many cool things. Like Magnemite and Magneton becoming super-resistant to pretty much everything (except that 4x ground weakness. Oh well Magnet Rise was invented for a reason)...

Years
  • Yeah i agree. Easily my favourite bugs. The new bug-types just don't appeal to me as much. I would rather Scizor over Genesect anyday. Dat red shell. Yum.

But yeah Gen III is my favourite even though i didn't like some of the new Pokemon I just loved it. The addition of steel-type in Gen II is the greatest thing ever. It gave us so many cool things. Like Magnemite and Magneton becoming super-resistant to pretty much everything (except that 4x ground weakness. Oh well Magnet Rise was invented for a reason)...

ya Steel is great if youre the one with the Steel type Pokemon lol if youre battling a Steel type, it can really be a pain.

I liked a lot of the Gen III Pokemon but there were definitely a lot i didnt like. The addition of several Dragon type Pokemon was great! They are easily the strongest of all the Pokemon if you train them right. and thats just the regular Dragons. You also get the addition of Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias. Granted, they are a real pain in the rear to actually capture, but once you do, you have the potential to become unbeatable. Plus it was nice to see Lance again with actual Dragons other than Dragonite. Lance was a lot easier to beat in Gen I because you could easily exploit his Pokemons weaknesses, like Aerodactyl being x2 weak against Water attacks, and worse than that, Gyarados which is x4 weak to Electric attacks.

I think my main problem with Gen IV and up is that they ways some of the Pokemon evolve have become really weird and difficult. Gen I was easy, level up, use a stone, or trade. Gen II got a little more confusing with the addition of having a hold item AND trading to evolve, such as Steelix, and the addition of Happiness for baby Pokemon like Pichu, and the requirements of a certain stat to be the highest or a certain time of day to evolve such as Tyrogue and its three evolutions, and Eevee and its new evolutions. Overall, Gen II wasnt too difficult. But with the addition of Gen IV, there is just too many different ways and requirements to evolve Pokemon and it makes completing the Pokedex nearly impossible to complete.

Back