• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best things of previous Pokemon Games which should be used in future Pokemon games?

Years
  • If you had to design the future Pokemon games what should the inspiration be?

Main character= Red or Gold. I think they look like real trainers who want to beat the Elite 4.

Story= Pokemon Yellow because I liked how it resembled the Anime.

Rival= Silver or Blue because they are REAL rivals not friends. SPOILER When Blue appeared after the Elite 4 was awesome! SPOILER.

Pokemon= Ruby/ Sapphire/ Emerald. I liked the designs of the pokemon and the amount of legendaries.

Graphics= Black/White, because they are currently the best.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can you...provide more reasons? You made the thread, so people are going to look at this and be confused as to what you're saying. Anyway, I only have three words for ya: follow. me. feature.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
    Years
  • I would want the secret bases from R/S/E to return. They were nice, and customizing your own base was cool. Oh, and as Sydian said, the follow me feature too. I don't know why they took out these things.

Years
  • Main Character: Berlitz/Platinum (Platinum is too long to use in the game, so I just use her Contest Name) or the name I refuse to use, so I will call her White (WTF?!? Why did they call her HILDA?!). I just love the designs on these two girls.

Story: White/Black. I love N. He's so messed up and abused. :3 I want to know what happened to A through M.

Rival: The return of Gary MF Oak. Gary MF Oak just rolls off the tongue so well. xD

Pokemon: GenII. The pokemon aren't very memorable to me (honestly, I never played GenII. I was too young for G/S/C and I didn't bother with HG/SS), but I love the designs of the ones I know.

Graphics: Black/White for obvious reasons. I love how they really show off everything they have to offer on Skyarrow Bridge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Hmm...let's see....

- Pokémon Following feature, obviously. Although it'd be cool if they made that exclusive to remakes, like they seem to have done with those images you get when entering caves and places of interest in FrLg and HgSs.
    - N and Zekrom / Reshiram. I'd just love them to appear again - after all, they have been spotted in "a far-off region". Maybe Looker tracks him down in Gen VI DP remakes, and N is kinda like Cynthia is in BW? (Except for when Cynthia can be re-battled).
    - Cutscene image things that you get when entering caves etc. in FrLg and HgSs.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Follow me, slot machine, bigger cities like Goldenrod, badass villians like Giovanni, not some freaky fish guy, a landluber, and manchilds. Giovanni actually resembled the Mafia leader very well. BETTER POST-GAME, like on FRLG

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Characters - In terms of main characters I would like to see them basic like Red. I was never really a fan of Lucas or Brendan.

Gym Leaders - I want them to be interactive with the story line like Lenora and Burgh were in the situation at Nacrene City and then again with Iris at Castelia City. And Clay is present during the Cold Storage incident and helps you break the net at Chargestone Cave. Then there was Brycen at Dragon Spiral. Basically I want leaders that actually do something outside of saying "Hey here's your badge good luck kid". And of course I want a chance for rematches.

Champions - I want a Champion that also goes around the region, pretty much like all the others did in past generations and help you out from time to time or fight with you like Lance and Steven did. Hopefully the Champ is no push over either... Maybe give him two pseudo legendary for a challenge.

Criminal Syndicates
    - Give them high level pokemon, I want more of a challenge. And don't give me the same crappy pokemon to face over and over again. Or at least give me several commanders, cipher, admin whatever you want to call them. 3-4 doesn't really seem like that much to me. And give them more of a back story, cause we got some stuff from N and Ghetsis but when I completed the game I felt like I was wanting more.

Pokemon - Don't go overboard with the inanimate objects. I think people felt that there was generally too much this generation for whatever reason. I personally am fine with things like Ice Cream and Lamps but others are not apparently.

Story - As far as this goes, give me something we have not seen before I don't want it to draw too much of past generations. Keep it new please.

Graphics - Take what you got from BW and improve it. Heavens knows we could get some better back sprites. And use the 3D from the future hand held they will be on and utilize all the potential of it.

Rivals - Can I get somebody like Blue/Gary Oak please? Silver imo seems like he was more concerned with Team Rocket and all their crap then dealing with you. I got the feeling he was looking past me and more for a fight with Team Rocket(so you had issues with your father, well it's fathers day so get over it!). Brendan/May worse rivals ever, you don't even face a full team if I remember correctly and the last match was at Lilycove. Although Wally was a better rival but still not that great I mean we got to battle in Mauville and Victory road whip de do! Barry was too much of a spaz for me, yeah he was your friend more then a rival per say. He was better then Silver and May/Brendan. Bianca and Cheren ehhh. Bianca seems like a pushover, she never really seemed like much of a rival hell she was more concerned with Musicals and being a "bodyguard" then being on equal terms with you. She pretty much admitted that she wasn't too great. Cheren seems like a know it all annoying as hell rival that thinks he knows everything thing, but in fact has a hell of a lot to learn as seen by his conversations with Alder. Cheren is helpful like Barry but no thanks I don't want a rival like him. Too me give me a Rival like Gary who shows up all the time, you know every time you see him he will get better, and he is actually some what challenging(considering he is the Champ at the end), and I love he actually acts like a Rival.

Features - I would like to see the return of Follow Me(optional where you can turn it on and off). Give me something too do rematches with like Phones, Trainers Eye, Vs. Seeker(my favorite).

Post Game - I need stuff to do outside find a couple Sages, then level up for a battle with Alder. I hope in future games that have something worth while to do.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i wish they would come out with more gyms like make 10 instead of 8

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i wish they would come out with more gyms like make 10 instead of 8
    10 badges was never in a pokemon game... though it would be cool if they put in 2 regions again to have 16 badges.

what i really want are the secret bases. i spent so much time on them in ruby and pearl. maybe even take inspiration off animal crossing and have a huge range of stuff you can get. i don't mind them being underground or elsewhere but i would prefer it if they are on top of the region.

and i know this has been mentioned heaps but follow me feature. :P

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years

Can you...provide more reasons? You made the thread, so people are going to look at this and be confused as to what you're saying. Anyway, I only have three words for ya: follow. me. feature.

I 100% agree, I loved that feature, often I'd stare at my pokemon for a few minutes and then play with it for the next. Many time in fact, I've just caught random pokemon to see what they look like when they walk behind you. XD; I need it back. We need it back. Bring it back!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • 1. Pokétch. Having apps that you could switch between and always have on the bottom screen was the most useful thing. You could easily check happiness, count steps, check the daycare, always have the dowsing machine out, keep an eye on roaming legends, etc. I have no idea why they didn't use this in both HGSS and BW. :| It was by far the most useful thing in a Pokémon game and I hate that they took it out.

2. "Follow Me". I was so psyched when they announced this for HGSS and I hate that they dropped it afterwards. >:| Let me have my Pokémon out! You did it before, why can't you do it again?

Honestly, that's about it, haha. I'd be content with these two.

.Marion

RNG Master
    Years
  • I like Red look-alike or Red behaved characters as the main protagonist of future generation pokemon games.

The story have to be as unique as possible that would support the new legendaries and all...

Legendaries don't have to be so many or too few, maybe 3 main legendaries and at least 5 sub-legendaries would do. Almost like Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Graphics should be 3D or 3.5D, that would be great in my opinion. B/W's graphics are awesome but it would be cool if the future generations would evolve too

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • The following Pokemon with a plus like the one in yellow where it pops out the Pokemon's face/expression on you XD (but that's a lot of file size right...?)

Secret Bases! I love those stuff... ^_^

And... Mysterious ruins with strange, ancient puzzles... Those are cool...
    I kinda liked the dive feature in Ruby and Sapphire...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Main character: Leaf. Just Leaf. We don't need Red or any of the other guys anyway...
    R/S/E style secret bases.
    Evil team: Team Rocket. Let's drop the elaborate plots and get back to basics... an evil team wanting to get rich off Pokemon.
    Devices: Vs Seeker and Poketch.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Characters: One thing I would like to see is a protagonist who is simple-designed, but looks awesome at the same time, like Red or Hilbert. R/S protagonist's were wayyy too overdone.
    Gym Leaders: More interaction with the story like B/W's Gym Leaders would be nice.
    Champion: I'd like a Champion who goes around the region he's/she's in. And could they be a little tougher, please?
    Features: I would like to see the Poketch apps return, the Pokenav Call feature return, the Follow Me feature return, and the R/S Secret Bases return.
    Villains: Please make the Teams less of a pushover!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    1. HGSS' touch screen interface. HGSS utilized the touch screen greatly. The auto run feature was probably the best, and the ability to click to use your registered item was great, and not having to open up the menu was nice too.

2. Follow me. It was a great feature to have your Pokemon following you, and it should come back. I have a feeling it will be a remake only feature though.

3. Multiple registered items. I love BW's ability to have multiple items registered at once that come up in a small menu when you click Y. It is a small feature, but saves a lot of time from flipping through the bag.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

More things :P

- Secret bases more like in RSE, and room customisation!
    - Item storage in the PC (although I think BW bags have room for every item in the game).

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I'd have to say the follow-me feature, and the Poke'tch with all its wonderful apps.

Maybe the stat EXP mechanic from first gen.

Back