• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Video Game Endings

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Favorite Video Game Endings

I've noticed that there are a lot of "Worst" or "Least Favorite" threads here. In an effort to balance the negativity, I thought I'd make some threads on the opposite end of the spectrum to counteract that. Plus, it's just good for discussion, and it's nice to see members get excited about things that they are enthused about, it's a great way of expression.

---

So, with that said and done, what are your favorite Video Game endings?

Since this deals with obviously spoiler related material, unless you're going to be vague and not point to specifics, preface with the name of the game and put the content of your post in a spoiler.

Example:
    Super Mario Bros.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, you know, I actually love the endings from Fire Emblem Awakening and Kingdom Hearts 2. <3

Fire Emblem Awakening
    Spoiler:

Kingdom Hearts 2
    Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Crisis Core
    Spoiler:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I haven't played a lot of video games, but the one ending that really sticks out for me is Portal 2

Spoiler:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I haven't played a lot of video games, but the one ending that really sticks out for me is Portal 2

Spoiler:

I gotta agree with you Slayr.

Spoiler:

Can't deny, the portal series is probably the best written game of all time.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    I'll probably be one of the few people, but I actually loved the ending to Mass Effect 3, more so after they extended it.

Years
  • I'm going to have to agree with Aura and say Kingdom Hearts II. Sah beautiful. Just that way that everything was resolved. Back in 2005 after the release of Kingdom Hearts II, there weren't really many cliffhangers or unexplained plotpoints left. The only that I can think of is the letter from King Mickey. For once in a long time, my Kingdom Hearts experience just felt complete. But then of course, another 4 or 5 titles has been release since then (which I am definitely not complaining about). Anyways, Kingdom Hearts II definitely.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • After rantings on prior threads, you guys may or may not have seen this coming:

(Warning: Wall of text incoming)

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hotel Dusk's ending was so bitter sweet. Kyle (the main character) might not have gone far into his own investigation, but seeing all the other characters he helped who were once all jerks to him reflecting back into their own problems, appreciating what his help and taking their time to say good bye was really, really heart warming.

Back