• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Wishes Speculation thread {Spoilers}

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well the Best Wishes thread was close cuz Best Wishes already started, some one suggested to make a speculation thread for the up coming episodes or Pokemon. So, got a speculation post here k?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I speculate that:

• Ash will not win the Pokémon League
    • No other goals that a main character may have, if any, will come to be a reality if it is tournament or master based (Become a Pokémon Master, Grand Festival winner, etc)
    • Pikachu will learn at least one new move
    • All of the Openings will be terrible as will the Endings
    • Team Rocket will still be annoying asses and the only thing that change about them is their Pokémon
    • The new rival will be a mix of Gary and Paul and have terrible Pokémon along with a terrible personality
    • This series will suck and the hype surrounding it will fade away and people will realize how bad it is

nSpire

#1 Liz Thompson fanboy <3
    Years
  • I speculate that:

• No other goals that a main character may have, if any, will come to be a reality if it is tournament or master based (Become a Pokémon Master, Grand Festival winner, etc)
    • Team Rocket will still be annoying asses and the only thing that change about them is their Pokémon
    • The new rival will be a mix of Gary and Paul and have terrible Pokémon along with a terrible personality
    • This series will suck and the hype surrounding it will fade away and people will realize how bad it is
    man your a mind reader.

i completely agree with this quote.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
  • I speculate that:

When I read this post, it made me MAD.

People can't accept that the reason Pokemon isn't fun for them anymore is because they're not a part of the target audience!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I hope Kibago doesn't evolve. I luff it <3

Speculation...Team Rocket steal one of the gang's Pokemon, for a long while or even permanently.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    • Ash will catch two of the starter pokemon
    • Aside Pikachu, all but one of his Pokemon will be fully evolved
    • There will be one gym where Ash needs two attempts to win a badge
    • There will be an episode devoted to Ash directly trying to teach one of his pokemon an attack
    • At least two of Ash's Pokemon will be given/follow him and not caught
    • There will be a couple of episodes where Team Rocket and Ash will have to work together
    • There will be absoutely no references made to either Brock, Misty, May or Dawn during the entire series
    • Ash and Iris will constantly bicker and Dento will have to act as mediator
    • A pokemon in the main group will feel unwanted and run away only to have a change of heart by the end of the episode
    • An episode where one of the main pokemon will get suddenly ill with no Pokemon centre in sight
    • He will only recruit one of his older pokemon for the championships
    • Ash will get to the Semi's again

More to follow....

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Neelh said:

People can't accept that the reason Pokemon isn't fun for them anymore is because they're not a part of the target audience!

Just because I say something bad about the animé, which I like, I hate the franchise?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011

What Vernikova has stated here is actually the sad truth about the Anime. Haven't you been observing this pattern of events all over? It is the bitter truth but I agree with it completely.

M. Dent

Trial Triangle
    Years
  • Speculation...Team Rocket steal one of the gang's Pokemon, for a long while or even permanently.

This could be quite true, they seem to be a bit different.

• [*]Ash will catch two of the starter pokemon
      [*]There will be one gym where Ash needs two attempts to win a badge
      [*]At least two of Ash's Pokemon will be given/follow him and not caught
      [*]There will be absoutely no references made to either Brock, Misty, May or Dawn during the entire series
      [*]He will only recruit one of his older pokemon for the championships
      [*]Ash will get to the Semi's again

More to follow....

I agree with the italics and disagree with bold.
    I think that both Dawn and Brock will appear at some point. It's already been stated on Bulbapedia that Brock now wants to be a Pokemon Doctor so he's gonna come in an episode and explain what that is and how he plans to become one

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bluerang1 said:
    Speculation...Team Rocket steal one of the gang's Pokemon, for a long while or even permanently.

Isn't it supposed to be a fast paced series? If so, why would the writers waste their time with a sub-plot like that? Wouldn't they want to keep things moving along instead of having a chase saga where Ash and co. try to get their Pokémon back?

Years
  • I speculate that:

Haha, I agree with this. x3

Years
  • I speculate that:

I agree with this, but it's a tad pessimistic. :P

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Isn't it supposed to be a fast paced series? If so, why would the writers waste their time with a sub-plot like that? Wouldn't they want to keep things moving along instead of having a chase saga where Ash and co. try to get their Pokémon back?

It won't be a saga if it's permanent. The point is that they've lost, life isn't always cherries and ice-cream. They can either give up, or chase after the Pokemon during their journey.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    It won't be a saga if it's permanent. The point is that they've lost, life isn't always cherries and ice-cream. They can either give up,
    I don't see something like that happening. If Team Rocket do manage to steal a Pokemon, Ash and company will get them back by the end of the episode. And no, they can't simply give up on their raised Pokemon. Don't trainers and their Pokemon share a special bond with each other?

or chase after the Pokemon during their journey.
    That would take too long. I doubt that the writers would consider something like that. It would get rather boring as well.

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • My predictions:

• Ash will get to the semi-finals. He will lose and place second.
    • There will be no references of any of Ash's other female sidekicks.
    • Iris' Kibago won't evolve.
    • There will be no Pokemon contests or musicals. (More of a hope than a prediction)
    • There will be better and more of a range of music. In the first episodes I thought I heard some movie music. :3
    • The show will focus more on including more generic anime features rather just being a kids show.
    • Dento isn't going to be a pure grass trainer
    • We will be seeing more involvement of Oak and Aragagi throughout the series.
    • Team Rocket will grow brains/common sense. They didn't 'blast off' in the first 2 episodes. Shocking, I know.

Most of these I'm hopeful for. The first 2 episodes really did show promise.
    I only stuck with the D/P saga out of loyalty. I have rather high hopes for the B/W saga.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bluerang1 said:
    It won't be a saga if it's permanent. The point is that they've lost, life isn't always cherries and ice-cream. They can either give up, or chase after the Pokemon during their journey.

Just because Team Rocket is acting competent doesn't mean the writers are going to take this show is a whole different direction. It's a silly thing to assume that it would be permanent. Anyway, it would be a saga because Ash will just go after the stolen Pokémon before anything else.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • There will be absoutely no references made to either Brock, Misty, May or Dawn during the entire series
    In opening there is very probably already refernce to Dawn. This

If I listen closely, I hear a nostalgic voice - somone on Sppf correcte it to sth like If i listen cloesly i hear a nostalgic whisper of heart or sth like that
    could be Dawn
    A voice from the future - dawn is returning ?
    It's always praying for me - Dawns cheering for ash in DP
    "You'll be all right! - All right = Daijobu = dawn japanese chatchprase
    Somehow it'll be all right! - repeat above
    Everyone will be all right!" - repeat above

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    I really hope they don't leave all the old characters out. In fact, I really want them to all come together at a point.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree with this, but it's a tad pessimistic. :P

Pessimistic, yes, but true. xD;

However, so far BW has managed to completely screw over the stereotypes that the other series have, soooo I think it will continue to be different, in more than just a few ways. Seems to me like they're trying to break out of patterns, and I hope that's true.

I DO still think Ash will lose in the Isshu league, though.

And he'll probably still ditch all his evolved Pokemon. :/

Back