• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best / Worst alternate pokémon mascot?

Years
    Best mascot, I don't really know... Lugia because it's my favorite Pokemon.

Worst mascot would be either one of Caterpie or Magikarp. Caterpie looks weak and helpless. Magikarp on the other hand, just stares at you with dead eyes and it would drive away any potential fans.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Best mascot = Definitely Magikarp. He's the best Pokemon ever.Probably Ho-Oh, Lugia, Crobat, Weavile, Reshiram, Eevee or Mewtwo.
    Worst mascot = Conkeldurr, Palkia (because his head looks like something I can't say), Arceus, Stunfisk, Tentacool, Oshawott or Genosekto (I don't like the name Genesect).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Well, I believe that Generation 1 Pokemon make for the best mascots. Any of Ash's caught Pokemon would make fine mascots, especially Bulbasaur, because it's the first entry of the Pokedex. Starmie, Voltorb and Eevee would also make fine mascots.

The worst Pokemon for a mascot would definitely be Jynx, because of her design being highly criticized by various media.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    I'm really glad they went with Pikachu over Clefairy, but I'm not a fan of Celfairy at all so I'm biased I guess. Pikachu's got the right blend of cute and cool that it just works, especially when trying to pull in younger audiences of both genders.

Eevee, I feel, almost serves as a sub-mascot as it is, so I think it would be a good choice for a primary mascot.

I agree with a previous poster, the worst would probably be something like Voltorb or Electrode. Woo... Balls of electricity... Yay...

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
    I think Pikachu is the best choice honestly, due to his popularity, but if it had to be changed i could go with Dragonite. He is both a powerful and cute Pokemon, and having been around since G1 is also nostalgic. He can cater to a variety of audiences.

As for the worst mascot, I would go with Aipom. Those eyes look like they're staring into my soul. It's creepy.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    Maybe a gen 1 starter like Charmander. Don't get me wrong, he's probably my least favorite gen 1 starter, but he appeals to both boys and girls. As for the stupidest idea, it has to be Purugly. Guys hate it, Girls hate it, it's just reeeeeaaaaaallly fat and ugly.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    If they were to change the mascot, it would have to be some relevant, and they would have to do it on a per-generation basis. Otherwise, there would be no reason, besides having an up-to-date mascot.

In Gen 4, Riolu and Lucario would have worked. In Gen 5, Miccino or Zorua, I guess. In Gen 6, Pancham perhaps. Or perhaps starters.

~~~
    Actually, scratch all that. If Eevee was a mascot, every region could have a new protagonist that raised a new eeveelution. Or Mew.

EDIT: Worst idea would be Garbodor.

Back