• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/worst Generation?

Years
  • In your opinon, what is the best/worst generation of Pokemon (NOT THE GAMES BUT THE POKEMON THEMSELVES)? For me the best is a tie between I & II. Which obviously is because of nostalgia. There's nothing like the first and second gens of Pokemon, and there never will be.

The worst I think is fifth. Trubbish? The trash bag Pokemon? Seriously? I hope we don't have to see this kind of uncreativeness in the 6th generation. :|

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Best Generation: III (RSE always)

Worst Generation: I (Regardless of liking them all, this has to be my least unfortunately)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Best design/creativeness wise: Gen II and Gen III tie for me.
    Worst design/creativeness: Gen IV cause they threw in 20 new evolutions and 5 pre-evolutions most of them unnessacary.

Best overall: Gen II and III again but if I had to pick one , Gen III.
    Worst overall: again gen IV. I couldn't get into the story of DPPt that much plus they introduced unneeded ideas like seals and ball capsule and accessories and dressing up.

HeartGold/SoulSilver was the only thing I like about Gen IV because it brings back nostalgia for me and Johto is one of my favorite regions.[/SIZE]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • For me, the best generation is Gen V because some of the Pokemon were creative in terms of design (like the Oshawott line). I didn't like Gen II that much; some of the Pokemon there were meh to me, except for Scizor.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Best and worst

Best is a tie between 1 and 4
    Worst: 5, I swear the pokemon to me just seem so stupid and I tried to play the game but after I got the third badge I couldn't go on any longer, I was way to bored. (P.S. The fire monkey sucks)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Dear God generation one sucks the most for me. The games are so dull. After you beat your rival at the Pokemon League, there isn't really anything left to do. Yeah, in the remakes you can explore more islands, but big whoop, they still lead to a rematch with the Elite Four being a little bit stronger with one new Pokemon each, and still, nothing left to do afterwards.

The best for me is a definite tie between the third gen and the fifth gen. They brought so many new aspects into the game. Contests, more in depth berry mechanics, DIVE, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, Rustling grass mechanics, DIVE AGAIN; they were just awesome. I don't get bored playing these games like I did the first generation.

Seriously? Just because it doesn't have all those new features? You do know they were made a long long time ago, right? They probably didn't have the ideas for it back then.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Best generation for me was 3rd Gen, Hoenn seems so different from the others, I also love the legendaries.
    Worst generation is 4th Gen, I didn't really enjoy the Pokemon, let alone the Sinnoh region. I hope we won't have to revisit it...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In your opinon, what is the best/worst generation of Pokemon (NOT THE GAMES BUT THE POKEMON THEMSELVES)?

Yet you posted it in Pokemon GAMING Central? You get a trophy. Moving to Pokemon Voting Polls.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'd say generation three really had the most of my favorite Pokemon designs. Love the regions, especially Hoenn, and yeah... I'm quite fond of them.

I hate giving ambiguous answers, but I found that I don't really dislike any of the generations anymore. It sounds like such a safe answer, but I really don't care for most of them, or I like them. Gen III is the one I prefer the most though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Best Generation: 5th Generation
    Reason:Introduced alot of revolutionarythings
    Worst Generation:
    5th Generation
    Reason: I think some of the pokemon look to much like real life animals.

Years
  • Favorite: Gen I
    No, I'm not a nostalgia sucker. Even though most of my favorite Pokemon are from that generation, Half of it's Pokedex had left my mind. I will admit that it kinda set the standard for design.

Least Favorite: Gen V
    To the point where it's my main problem with this generation. Deeper story and characters? I'm all for that. Even though it introduced the most Pokemon, I can count the number of them I like on both hands. Basiclly, the reason I don't like them is because, like I said, Gen I set the standard on Pokemon design. Before this Gen people generally accepted(I think) that Pokemon should look like exotic wildlife. Sure, strange looking, but still, they should look like something that belongs in nature. Not with Gen V. Here, a good number of Pokemon look like the result of an acid trip, especially with so many of this Gen's Pokes being based on inanimate objects. Special Dishonerable Mention goes to the Trubbish, Klink, and Vannilite lines.

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Nov 25, 2012
    To me, there is no bad one. All 5 are amazing, and hoping for a Pokemon Gray and a 6th Gen one day. BUT, my favorite is between 5th/4th. My least favorite, is 1st.

Back