• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Worst Voice Actors

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I'm sure that all of you have a certain character who's voice you either love, or hate. Here you can state your choices for both, but please tell if it's either from the English dubs or the original Japanese versions. -^^-

Unfortunately, I've never heard any of the Japanese character's voices, so my opinions are from the English dubs.

Best - I think they did a nice job on Misty's voice. She sounds her age, and the voice actress expresses her anger/happiness well.

Worst - Probably James. His gets on my nerves sometimes, but I think it's funny how he laughs! :knockedou

I also think that May has a cute voice, but hers doesn't seem to fit her age. Personally I think she sounds a lot older than 10 years.

Okay, no offense intended about my opinions! They're just what I think! ;)

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Almost everyone agrees with you on May's voice. Just wait until frostweaver gets here, he can go on and on about it. He won't even say May when referring to the month he dislikes it so.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *wishes that Hurricane Isabel will destroy the Taylor residence...*

i'll say Jessie and James are good dubs. I actually prefer the english dub instead of the japanese one for a change. Jessie's more "brutal" voice suits her personality better as i think the japanese one is a bit too elegant. James sound so funny with those laugh and those strange whimpering voice that the japanese dub can never imitate...

dont' even start the you know who character dub... i'm not even going to talk about it.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    *wishes that Hurricane Isabel will destroy the Taylor residence...*

i'll say Jessie and James are good dubs. I actually prefer the english dub instead of the japanese one for a change. Jessie's more "brutal" voice suits her personality better as i think the japanese one is a bit too elegant. James sound so funny with those laugh and those strange whimpering voice that the japanese dub can never imitate...

dont' even start the you know who character dub... i'm not even going to talk about it.
    I like Jessie's and James' dubbed voice too, Melody, Misty and her sisters as well. x_x;

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Well, they basically use the same voice actors for everything on the show! i think i heard Harrisons voice 2 or 3 other times on the show! ^_^;

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • The worst, in my opinion would have to be Ted Lewis. He doesn't seem very talented, as he repeats the same voice for every not-so-important young guy (and 'Tracey', who should have had a different voice actor. ()). I don't think the casting for the English version was done very well. () Just my opinion.

Mystic Mew

~Mew, mew, mew~
    Years
  • I think, Misty has the best voice; girlish and nice for ear ^_^

The worst? Butch. dear God! His voice is horrible. I don`t know, why that character has so strange voice :dead:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I've haven't heard the English dubs (or any dubs...) for a lot of years. XD But my favorite voice is Satoshi's (Ash's) it sounds really similer to the Japanese voice, and I adore the Japanese voice... n_n
    As for the original voices my favorite is Satoshi's I adore her voice. (The person who does his voice is a 'she' folks, I was surprised when I first found out.) n_n;;;

Mifuui

Fufufu~
    Years
  • I don't really like any of the vocies in the American dub. Sorry <<;;;

But I adore the Swedish dub. (except some things...)
    Almost everyone got great vocies that fits their personality.
    I love Misty's Swedish voice.
    One second her vocie is calm and nice and the next she is screaming really loud and sounds REALLY angry/irritated/frustrated. (she's awesome with that^^)
    It's just so sad that her voice actress,Anna Book, got replaced in the later Johto series by Annica Smedius that sound too nice and calm for being Misty ^^;
    And I LOVE James vocie. He sounds so...so...perfect! Andreas Nilsson does a really,REALLY great job! =D (He is my favourite~~ >w<)

But...they toally ruined Tracy's voice! He sounds so...ugly and wrong! And he got this silly accent and dialect too that doesn't fit him at all! GAH! X.x
    He got a better voice in the movies though.It's at least cuter^^;

And some of the character got other vocies in some episodes. Which is so sad! Because the original cast is great!

But the japanese version is the best...and will always be.
    (Rika Matsumoto is the best! And Nyasu's voice is adorable X3~)

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    I've haven't heard the English dubs (or any dubs...) for a lot of years. XD

Oh, same here. n.n() Every now and then, I'll catch some 'Pokemon Encore' for whatever reason. The English voices still linger in my mind since I use to watch the English dubs so frequently...()

squirtle_girl

Zeni~!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    I don't know but I think Veronica Taylor does a great job on the voices. I don't remember how her May voice goes, but I think she'd do a good job at it, hopefully. I also love how Ms. Rika Matsumoto does Satoshi's voice. ^_^ Oh yes, and I totally agree with the horror that is Butch's voice. *cringe*

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • squirtle_girl said:
    I don't know but I think Veronica Taylor does a great job on the voices. I don't remember how her May voice goes, but I think she'd do a good job at it, hopefully. I also love how Ms. Rika Matsumoto does Satoshi's voice. ^_^ Oh yes, and I totally agree with the horror that is Butch's voice. *cringe*

I agree with you on Veronica Taylor's voice acting...but, if it wasn't for Ash's voice, all of her voices sound the same. I love how she portrays Ash and every so often Delia. Veronica's a nice lady, but, I don't really like how she does May's voice at all. It either sounds: a.) Like Ash is having a conversation with himself -- or b.) Like his mother fell into the Spring of Drowned Ten-Year-Old Schoolgirl and is now traveling with him; and, that she has multiple personality disorder and calls that alter-ego May. BUT, let's not get technical! Yes, I agree with you on the matter of Rika Matsumoto and yes, I very much so agree with you that Butch's voice is an abomination. *blech*

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • I haven't seen the US dub for a long time.

so not much comment.

Oh yes, Ash sounds too girlish, Veronica Taylor isn't doing a good job

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Omega-Brendan said:
    I haven't seen the US dub for a long time.

so not much comment.

Oh yes, Ash sounds too girlish, Veronica Taylor isn't doing a good job
    Really? I think that the English version is rather nice. x_x; But I could go on about the Mandarin Sango and Kagome for hours, but let's not go into that. XD;

Back