• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beta Test My New Design [Pokemon Sky // Dynamic Cloud]

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
Years
  • Hey Guys! I've been working long and hard on Pokemon Sky's latest design. Normally, it takes me a week or so to make a design, but this one was extremely time consuming. Why? Because when I say it's time consuming, I truly mean that! This design is based on your time. What I mean is, the header image and backgrounds change as the day goes by. It's perfect for my site, right? To imitate the sky (Pokemon SKY).

Bleh, anyways....

I had a lot of struggling to get through as I coded this. I'm sure that there are plenty of faults and glitches in the coding. But, I'd like you guys to try it out. I'll take suggestions, comments, and bug reports. Although, I'll be honest, I'm not sure I'll actually use all suggestions. I like the way it looks, so unless I'm really convinced that what you want to change is for the better, I probably won't take it. :X

What I'm most concerned over is loading time. This layout runs two time scripts. One for the background and one for the header. If I could of had, I would of had just put it all into one, but I don't really know how. =P So loading the header may take some time. Not only that but it's pulling out a flash based clock, so I'm sure that slows things down a bit. So if you guys have any ideas on how to possibly make it go faster, they'd be appreciated.

So, check it out!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Hoen
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    What the loading time for me is wonderful. The site pops up in like five seconds (or less). But maybe its because Im using Vista. Either way, the thing I was concerned was the game I played it. Now that does take a while just for the picture to load.

saul

Years
  • Greg, I'll try to fix the cutout. You reminded me that I had meant to do that :x

And as for being on the left, I don't know how to center those types of layouts. And believe me, I've tried. >.<;;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • :D Forgot to mention that I love the idea~ it's cool.

<font face="Verdana" size="1"> </font>
    You have a lot of redundant tags. CSS it to make loading faster. :x

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • To centre a CSS-based layout, add the following to your body {} CSS:

Code:
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -[half the width of your layout]px;

This is a manly way to implement it, and works similarly for vertical alignment.

Kira

Style Guru
    Years
  • The "News box" next to the clock doesn't go well with me. I believe you should change all text in there to white. As for me, the title of the news item is black, which, when matched with the background makes it unreadable, unless highlighted.

Other than that, looks pretty nice.

saul

Years
  • KK. Fixed the news box. I had it at white before, but I didn't like it :x But, meh whatever.

I'm about ready to release it. All I need to do is write/code(?) something up. =P

aRedMoon

Years
  • Perhaps force the header to load first?

Because it loaded really slowly for me and your little briefing box was unreadable for most of the time. Since it's at the top of the page, it'd get read first... and well, if one can't read that, why should they bother to try and read anything else? :S

saul

Years
  • You can Force things to load first? O.o;; How?

Geez, I thought I knew a nice bit XD Guess not....

aRedMoon

Years
  • That I'm not sure about. Bug JA... she had one site that had like a loading bar while the images were loading. That was a long time ago though. :s

saul

Years
  • Yeah.... I did a Google run for a script like that, couldn't find anything. But if you do find something, Geo, I'd be eternally grateful ^^;;

Back