• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beta Test My New Design [Pokemon Sky // Dynamic Cloud]

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    It's too late to comment on this as the design is already implemented, but let just contribute my two cents:

Let's see, menus. The sections should be set to stretch throughout the whole menu, or add something on to there. It looks like a normal image over a category separator. The links should probably have line-height set up, or something that can separate the links from each other to make it look more organized. Can you maybe make the text bigger for the whole page itself? I use a very big monitor and your text looks small. As I'm seeing, setting it to percentages can maybe do something in global res compatibility. The layout loads slow, and I have a fast connection. Though, there are problems that bring performance down:

You need to make your CSS and JS external. Like, store them in actual .JS and .CSS files. It's actually much better like this in two ways. For one, it separates it from your HTML. Two, because the files are cached and you don't have to actually request it every time the page loads. You've got a lot of JS used, and you can probably make it go much faster if you used JPacker or a JS compressor.

Cut down the use of <font> tags and store styles that you use more than once inside of your CSS file. For that matter, cut down the use of raw HTML altogether and just have it all in your CSS. Table layouts are rather bad as well, for one that most of them come out bad coded. DIVs > TABLES.

No DOCTYPE? No encoding declared?

Amazonite

God's Loyal Servant
    Years
  • Yup. Loading's the only error. Besides that, it's quite cool. I like the banner mostly. It's nice and nice and subtle.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • No, PW never used AJAX. It would probably have been a band website or a fanlisting of some kind. I will investigate my folders.
    Preloading images is not the same as loading sections in a specific order. Preloading images merely means that when they come to be used, they will already be cached. It will not force them to load first.

Back