• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Better Canon

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Which would be considered more canon the Pokemon Adventures Manga(Which i have recently started reading) or the anime it self? I prefer the manga even though i like both

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think I recall someone saying that Tajiri said that the manga was closest to the world he wanted to portray. In my head it goes: Main Games > Spinoff Games > Manga > Common Fanon > Anime > Other, but it's possible that each official series is it's own canon and has no bearing on any of the others.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • Honestly, there is no "true" or "More" canon.
    It's a matter of opinion.

Saying which is more canon is like saying "are republicans or democrats better?"
    It just ends in fighting, trolling, and just general bad things.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always think of anime as its own separate canon from games and manga, and in the games/manga canon, manga > games. It takes the parts of the games that were simplified to make it possible to easily play and expand on it, making it realistic and less kid-friendly.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ^ same.

When I make RPs or just imagine something about pokémon, I usually go with the pokéspe canon. Because that's the most appealing and interesting imo.

But the anime has often done things that the games and manga hasn't, like giving pokémon strange moves and coming up with interesting strategies that hadn't worked in the games. Well, interestings strategies is maybe more what the early pokéspe manga does, but the manga goes too true to the games later on, I think. The anime does too, but not as much.

I'd still say they are all their own universes. If you're talking about an aspect of the pokémon world, you can state what canon you are referring to so that other people don't confuse things. :3

Hmmm.... but if I give it a second thought, I think the main games is the canon that should weigh the most though.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • There are some portrayals in Pokemon Special that are better than in the anime, and some portrayals in the anime that are better than in Pokemon Special. Everything's canon, but the games themselves are about as canon as you can get.

Back