• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beware of a Pokeplush scam

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • This is really terrible. A couple reviews came in and said that these Pokeplushies are not what the picture looked like at all. Scary thing is that I am gonna have my fair share of their deformities for my birthday. One of my IRL friends is getting me a Minun and Plusle for my Birthday (and if she doesn't find them both at a good price, she'll get me a solo Minun instead as she stated)
    Here is the pictures as advertized. (Property of the Amazon Reviewer)

a 7-inch Plusle: Chibi-like and cute.
    MbHlHBY.png

a 7-inch Minun: Chibi-like, Even cuter. I am loving it's face.
    hBx9CUg.png

This one review gave us two pictures of their defomities front and back.

Front:
    yY3Dt9H.png

The blue one (Minun)'s posture is different from the picture as well as it's ears looking really flat. She also is smaller than "7 inches" being the same size as the reviewer's palm and 7 inches should be at least be bigger than my Spike Ear Pichu plushie which was advertised to be 6 inches and is 6 inches.

The red one (Plusle) doesn't look any better. The face is a triangle, her cheeks are in the wrong position, and she also has flat ears and is in the wrong posture as well as being slightly taller than Minun. I guess you could say Luigi created Plusle.

Back:
    Ty2cCx7.png

Minun and Plusle share the same problems. Their tail was lazily done.

I'm pretty sure this was unintentional on the original uploader's part but some one out there is selling these weird deformed Minuns and Plusles that are the size of people's palms.

They may be expensive, but go for that other Minun and Plusle instead.

Minun172

Years
  • Personally, I don't see why anyone who choose this over the bigger and more anime accurate "X and Y" ones from the Pokecenter scam or not besides the inexpensive price and maybe it's false advertised "7-inch" size will give those who like to take their plushies places a run for their money. This is a good try, don't get me wrong but plushies like these should be taken off of Amazon or at least corrected better with their price dropped.

At least their price isn't like that insanely show-accurate Emolga that costed 430 bucks and was only manufactored at least 4 times. (I think it's price dropped since I looked that Emolga up)... Seriously, this is the only time when a decent looking Pokeplush doesn't cost a fortune.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Everyone really needs to keep both eyes open on anything Pokemon right now. Because of it being the 20 year anniversary there will be many fakes out there trying to get your money.

Minun172

Years
  • Most of the official TOMY ones you see in a store like Wal-Mart or Target are only $10 to $15. That way you don't have to worry about fakes or counterfeits.

Yeah, I don't think the actual plushies themselves are scams at all (They're inferior to the other 2 Minuns and the other Plusle.) but I think there's a lot of scammers going around selling these toys to people in their deformed state. Probably a faulty manufactoring or the actual people doing it themselves. However the grammatically incorrect description and the mistake in the inches seems a little fishy.

I never seen any TOMY plushies in my local wal-mart or target for some reason. Let alone any Pokeplushies. Back in my Las Vegas days, my local Wal-mart had a small box of Pokeplushies (That's where I got my Pikachu and some crappy Emolga back in 2010.) all going for a cheap 8 bucks. Not sure why these Pokemon plushies are going for 45-500 bucks new online when they should be dirt cheap really.

------------------------
    Oh boy. The other Minun (http://www.amazon.com/TOMY-T18589-P...&ie=UTF8&qid=1454639124&sr=1-1&keywords=minun) was just recently reported to be packed with the TOMY version instead of the actual one. So much for Pokemon's upcoming 20th anniversary.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't think the actual plushies themselves are scams at all (They're inferior to the other 2 Minuns and the other Plusle.) but I think there's a lot of scammers going around selling these toys to people in their deformed state. Probably a faulty manufactoring or the actual people doing it themselves. However the grammatically incorrect description and the mistake in the inches seems a little fishy.

Scam, no. Counterfeits, yes. They were likely intentionally made that way to try to rope in unsuspecting and inexperienced collectors and non-collectors who are buying for a collector. The type of people who won't be bothered by a grammatically incorrect description and a size mismatch.

I never seen any TOMY plushies in my local wal-mart or target for some reason. Let alone any Pokeplushies. Back in my Las Vegas days, my local Wal-mart had a small box of Pokeplushies (That's where I got my Pikachu and some crappy Emolga back in 2010.) all going for a cheap 8 bucks. Not sure why these Pokemon plushies are going for 45-500 bucks new online when they should be dirt cheap really.

Toy section and by the Pokemon cards are where I've generally found them in most stores.

The absurd secondhand market pricing is because so many people collect them, and certain ones are extremely sought after especially in mint condition.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have the official TOMY Plusle and Minuns. Sucks people are getting ripped off. That's kinda why I avoid the internet for these kinda things..

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • They look pretty identical to the cheaper ones on aliexpress:

trz33eQ.png

That being said I have bought a couple of pokemon plushies on aliexpress for gifts and whatever and they did turned out quite nicely. I got this 6" Mudkip plush for a mudkip obsessed friend of mine for her birthday, and despite it not being a legit TOMY - we both weren't too fussed about it's legitness as long as it was a mudkip (heck it said Made in China on the tag). The actual product of what I received was really nice. Then again I did pick one that had a 4-5/5 star rating on the website and good feedback.

z39Ip6L.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm crying for those unfortunate Pokemon, they haven't been fed for years!

Seriously though, that is sad. Always go for the trusty sellers or the officially authorized stores if possible.

Minun172

Years
  • I'm crying for those unfortunate Pokemon, they haven't been fed for years!

Seriously though, that is sad. Always go for the trusty sellers or the officially authorized stores if possible.

That could be a metaphor for what Nintendo is doing to the real Minun and Plusle... Ignoring them and leaving them in the dust like Raichu.

There's a lot of trusty sellers selling these two plushies together in mint condition according to the condition status (Who determines their status anyways?) so maybe these sellers are getting back up to their knees. Well, if you guys decide to buy yourself a Tomy Minun and/or Tomy Plusle from Amazon and all of them are in good to perfect condition, you can thank me... I guess.

Back