• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Beyond Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The S

The Reverend
Years
  • Okay, here's a bit of a logic flub in the games as I see it.

Each game has had increasingly powerful Legends. Elemental representatives gave way to personification of the earth, sea, and sky, and then to anthropomorphized time, space, and dimension. This all culminated with Arceus last generation, who, for all intents and purposes, is God.

So where do we go from here? How can Black and White have something beyond God? Will it be Chaos and Order? The Void? Will we be able to capture The Universe itself? Am I over-thinking things?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Well Arceus created the universe :P
    But nothing is impossible.

Now we can talk about life, like real life, global warming? Natural and man made disaster?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    The way I see it, Arcues created Sinnoh but not the entire universe. I mean yeah, myths say it did but myths are still myths and can be greatly exaggerated. The people who learned of Arceus may have thought that Sinnoh was the entire world back then. So they still have plenty of options for legendaries.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Whether or not Arceus created the world is out of the question. If it's just a myth, then he's just another Pokemon, subject to the same fate as every Pokemon. If he indeed did create the world, there's nothing saying that he still has dominion over it. With Zekrom and Reshiram, we've gotten Pokemon which don't just create / destroy, but rather affect the development of the world, whether into technological or natural spheres.

tl;dr -- Arceus = birth, Zekrom + Reshiram = development

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Not trying to start something but how do we know ALL of the myths are real? We know the legendaries are real but what else do we know? (just for clarification)
    Well Groudon and Kyogre creating the Land and the Sea is real according to RSE that is one of the real myths, I think all the others are real too but who knows...

knook

Standing on the Sun
    Years

• Well Groudon and Kyogre creating the Land and the Sea is real according to RSE that is one of the real myths, I think all the others are real too but who knows...

Well then Arceus didn't create the 'Universe' because the land and sea was created by Groundon and Kyogre... I'm going to assume the myths hold reality but are greatly exaggerated

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nothing is going to be bigger then Arceus, Mew was supposed to be on top, but then Arceus took its place.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011

Well Groudon and Kyogre creating the Land and the Sea is real according to RSE that is one of the real myths, I think all the others are real too but who knows...

Well we know that for Hoenn, but not for sure regarding Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, Sinnoh, etc...

My thoughts on the whole "legendary created this" factor is that the legends hold true for the respective regions, but we don't know for sure regarding the other regions and the entire Pokemon world.

Nothing is going to be bigger then Arceus, Mew was supposed to be on top, but then Arceus took its place.

Well Mew is only the ancestor of all Pokemon, it was never a god or anything like that (although many believed it at first).so it wasn't very hard to top it in that sense. But IF in fact Arceus did create the entire world, like a previous post said there are still options like "legendary Pokemon keeping the balance" and stuff like that. There could be something bigger than Arceus (which I really do hop for because personally I don't like Arceus' design at all).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Nothing is going to be bigger then Arceus, Mew was supposed to be on top, but then Arceus took its place.
    Yeah, though it was easier for someone to think up something more powerful than Mew...

Well we know that for Hoenn, but not for sure regarding Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, Sinnoh, etc...

My thoughts on the whole "legendary created this" factor is that the legends hold true for the respective regions, but we don't know for sure regarding the other regions and the entire Pokemon world.
    They don't only mentioned that G and K created Hoenn but the whole landmass and sea/oceans of the world...So I see the same for Arceus
    Johto's myths were all real as they were mostly about the existence of the legendary pokemon rather than what created what :), Kanto didn't really have any myths, just three very powerful birds, the only myth was Mew and that was considered an Urban or new myth...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well Mew is only the ancestor of all Pokemon, it was never a god or anything like that (although many believed it at first).so it wasn't very hard to top it in that sense. But IF in fact Arceus did create the entire world, like a previous post said there are still options like "legendary Pokemon keeping the balance" and stuff like that. There could be something bigger than Arceus (which I really do hop for because personally I don't like Arceus' design at all).
    If there is something bigger, it'll just be plain dumb. I mean Arceus created the Universe. :/

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • lol, people are squabbling whether Arceus is ultimately God, if He created the universe or not...

It's just like real life.

(which I really do hop for because personally I don't like Arceus' design at all).
    Aw, I find that kind of sad. I think it's cool because he's based on the qilin.

Also: Just because I thought it fit into this topic for some reason:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back