• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BGM looping

yaya0

は真優勝
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    BGM looping / Wild Pokemon music

Is there any way to make my .wav/.ogg music loop to any point except the beginning?

Edit: Also, is it possible to have the music for wild Pokemon differ by location (e.g. Kanto in GSC/HGSS?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I suspect you'd need to know the exact point in the file where the loop occurs and hardcode that in for each file. Alternatively, you could separate out the looping and non-looping parts of the audio track into two different files (perhaps titled track.mp3 and track - intro.mp3 or such) and write some code that will check for multiple files and play the non-looping portion first. I've been toying with this idea myself but haven't yet looking too strongly into coding it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    I have a question as well about this. Loops are something you could do in a program like audacity right? Just loop a BGM and import?

And check this out... for a "specific trainer" or "trainertype" I found this on the Wiki. Go to the wiki then go to defining a trainer.

If you look at line 7. There is ME that should play before the battle, but it doesn't seem to happen. Does anybody have an explanation? I edited it in the trainertypes text file, but it doesn't want to work for me.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I have a question as well about this. Loops are something you could do in a program like audacity right? Just loop a BGM and import?

And check this out... for a "specific trainer" or "trainertype" I found this on the Wiki. Go to the wiki then go to defining a trainer.

If you look at line 7. There is ME that should play before the battle, but it doesn't seem to happen. Does anybody have an explanation? I edited it in the trainertypes text file, but it doesn't want to work for me.

The Intro-ME function is bugged. It only works reliably with .mp3 files.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    The Intro-ME function is bugged. It only works reliably with .mp3 files.

I've tried with and without the .mp3 extension in the name (intro, and intro.mp3,) Still can't get it to work. :( it does read from the ME folder right?

Back