• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca or Cheren? [Post and I'll give you a cookie]

Cheren or Bianca?

• Cheren

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Bianca

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Both just awesome

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Both just terrible

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I find Cheren pretty interesting. I usually look forward to his battle between my Dewott and his Servine. Makes the battles intense. On the other hand, however, Bianca's personality in the game doesn't make things interesting in general. She's too nice to be a rival to me.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't like either of them. Everything about both of them is extremely annoying; songs, outfits, attitude, dialogue....I think they show up in the game more than any other rival- which is good and bad. I like how this game in particular felt like there was more of a "whole" storyline. What I mean is, everyone in the game was encompassed in the story. 2 rivals, gym leaders, N, Ghetsis and Team Plasma, Juniper and her dad, etc. Everyone had a significant role in the storyline. Now, the story had its own issues, but that discussion is for another thread.

Years
  • lmao, Bianca by far. Cheren was a know-it-all, stuck up little prick, while I actually thought Bianca would beat Alder and make it all the way to the end.

but both their teams suck by far, quite imbalanced in my opinion.

...and lol, Cheren became champion? Since when?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Cheren. Bianca is kind of an idiot, while Cheren is more collected. Plus, sometimes Cheren gives you a berry after beating him! :D

But Bianca gives you MAX REVIVES! (only once, anyway, but still) And I don't mean it in singular form! \(OvO)/ Of course, that's not the reason I chose her in the poll.

Everything I hear from Cheren before his Character Development was "WE HAVE XXX BADGE, LET'S BATTLE!!1one11eleven!!!" and after I beat his Pokemon into a pulp, "STRENGTH STRENGTH STRENGTH".
    I started to like him after he didn't appear to be so much of a snob anymore, but he still irks me a bit.

Bianca, on the other hand, is a fun person, and someone I would definetely want to be friends with. She might not be a "rival", but I think she was a good character. I loved her cheerful disposition and her ditzy nature. Which is why I like her more.

so where's my cookie

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Cheren. He is the one that I might consider a rival, but not at the level of Silver or Blue.
    Bianca is too weird, and is existential crisis adds nothing to the game, in my opinion. Besides, she looks like a plant. XD

Locket

nothin' but a latiarse.
    Years
  • To be honest, I don't like either of them. If I had to say one however, I would go for Bianca. Even though Cheren is the better rival overall for battling, I prefer Bianca's personality;3. I wish she kept her japanese name 'Bel' though..

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't like how everything has to be all buddy-buddy now. They're your friends, and also your rivals. I prefer the days of Blue/Gary, where you could just hate the guy :P

I like Bianca better of the two, but it's hard to feel like you're on a Pokemon journey when neither one of them will leave you alone long enough to gain any measure of independence lol

Years
  • I still dont understand how these guys are rivals. They are way to easy to beat and even put up a fight. If I ha to choose, though, I would pick cheren. He's more competitive then bianca who lets her pokemon get stolen by team plasma.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I like both Cheren and Bianca, but I prefer Cheren more because he isn't clumsy like Bianca and his personality is amazing.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I just personally don't like either. They're WAY too easy to be Rivals. It's also a little weird to have two Rivals in one game.

Surely that makes it better, 1 rival is boring encounter them 3 times in a game.. I'm sure Emerald doesn't even have 1.

I must admit they are too easy, original Fire red "Gary" was best rival for me, His pokemon would dominate.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    In terms of design, Cheren. In terms of personality, Bianca. I really like both.

Years
  • I voted for "Both just terrible". Cheren seems way too serious - always thinking about everything too much, and not actually just enjoying the fact that he's on an adventure. Like rivals in the anime, he's fixated on becoming the "strongest trainer ever(!)", which never turns out well - they always end up being obnoxious, or just don't care about their Pokémon. Bianca seems too happy, and oblivious to what's going on around her. She makes jokes and tries to make light of everything - which isn't exactly a bad thing - but I think she'd never really realise fully what she's doing out in the world with dangerous creatures. She just thinks about her own future, anyway, and doesn't seem to pay attention to what the Pokémon want. Team Plasma try to make people think about their Pokémon, which obviously hadn't worked on her.

tl;dr - both too unrealistic to be actual friends.

Back