• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca or Cheren? Which was harder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I heard so many people have trouble with Bianca's Musharna, that thing has very bulky Defense and Sp. Def stats!

Just try using Crunch, it has a chance of lowering Defense if you have trouble with that Musharna!

When I play Black, I'll give my full opinion.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • For me, Bianca was a lot harder than Cheren even though he is supposedly a stronger trainer.. It was mostly due to her Stoutland, Musharna and at one time Chandelure. Stoutland would have been no trouble for my Pignite/Emboar if I hadn't accidently removed its Arm Thrust move.. The Musharna no matter what I hit it with continued to fight back mostly with putting me to sleep.. Cheren on the other hand was rather easy, once I taught Emboar Wild Charge his Dewott/Samurott was never a problem and Dewott before this was the only Pokémon I had a little trouble with.

Kylectro

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    None where to hard, But to answer the question. Prob Cheren.

I preferred him anyway as it was always great battling him for the heal after the battle :)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I found Cheren to be a bit more difficult than Bianca. In the end, however, they both seemed to have held the same level of difficulty.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I found Cheren was harder. It fits his personality.

Though I like Bianca, she seems nice.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Bianca by a slight margin because two of her Pokemon (you know which two) are quite bulky and took several hits to take down.

With that said, neither of the two ever posed much of a threat against me... I was just way overleveled for them to stand a chance.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I agree with the OP, I thought Bianca and that darn Stoutland were more difficult. I can deal with Cheren's Liepard fairly easily, but that Stoutland usually knocks one or more of my Pokémon out. I've got my Zorua for her Musharna, though.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I woudn't say either of them were hard to beat, they were too easy. I coudn't really tell you which was harder, but more of my Pokemon faint from Cherens (throughout the in-game) So I guess he would be the harder one.

Years
  • Agreeing with most above... Bianca's pokemon were harder to whittle down to 0, but Cheren had the attack power. Either way, my Emboar was at least 20 levels higher than my rivals' from Driftveil City, so they weren't a prob

ObeyMudkips

Raichupacabra back up
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Bianca since in my first play through it was hard to take out that Musharna and Stoutland.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
  • After the main story, Id say that Cheren is harder. I dunno, I just have more trouble with him than I have with Bianca.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Both were hard and easy at the same time. Cheren's type advantage over me made him difficult, but he had fairly easy pokemon to take down. But Bianca disn't have as much of a type advantage over me, but her pokemon, namely Stoutland and Musharna were pretty hard to take down.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree with the OP, I thought Bianca and that darn Stoutland were more difficult. I can deal with Cheren's Liepard fairly easily, but that Stoutland usually knocks one or more of my Pokémon out. I've got my Zorua for her Musharna, though.
    I think Liepard was one of the most easiest Pokémon to take out from Cheren. I always found this cat and its pre-evolution to be insanely easy, so there's no surprise coming from how easy it was for you to deal with. XD

I forgot to mention Stoutland was another Pokémon of Bianca's that lasted a little bit longer than her others (Musharna happened to stay in the longest however), but I had many Pokémon with the advantages to take it down.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • Post-game, Cheren is definitely harder, namely because of his Dragon-Gem Haxorus that troubled my Hydreigon.

During the game, however, I believe Bianca is a little bit tougher, despite having lower leveled Pokémon. Her team is more balanced, in my opinion, and although I never have trouble defeating her, I always wind up losing a few team members per battle. Also, slightly irrelevent to the thread, but I'll say it anyway. Bianca has more of a development than Cheren during the games (and anime), which makes me like her more. :3

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I had more difficulties with Cheren. His team seemed more competitive and so did his strategies. I only ever had issues with Bianca's Stoutland, but that was only one Pokemon. For the most part, I was usually able to steamrolled the both.

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    Cheren is harder by miles then Bianca. He always give his pokemon berries. Bianca is only tough becuz of hers Munna's defense.

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Umm...This is not to brag, though... I think both of them were quite easy to beat...As long as you bring the right pokemons and leveled up a bit, you can probably beat them in no time... ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back