• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca vs Cheren: Who is the better "friend"?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As you all know, Bianca and Cheren are your "friends" in-game. However!

- Which of the two is the better battler?
    - Which has the better personality?
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency?

etc! Feel free to discuss any and all of these points (and more if you can think of them) in relation to Bianca/Cheren.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • - Which of the two is the better battler?
    I really found both of them to be fairly easy. When I was using Samurott in my Black Cheren Simipour was a pain for some reason. So I would give the slight edge, Bianca also has the starter typing disadvantage.

I never cared for Cheren know it all personality, like he is trying to tell you how things are at the beginning of the game when Juniper was about to brief the trio. For me I was like Cheren shut up and let the lady do her job. He seems to be a know it all throughout most of the at least first half, until Alder put him in his place. So for me it was Bianca, seemed like a female version of Barry. She is a bit annoying, but I find her peppy personality cheerful especially when I got these Plasma doners telling everyone we don't know what the heck our pokemon really want. I felt more of a bond with Bianca, and her personality seemed more warm and friendly. Cheren although friendly and helpful seemed to be motivation driven throughout the game like "What is it to be strong, how to I become strong blah blah blah".

I am sure they will both do a good job in whatever venture they may take. Bianca may do a good job being a future Professor while at the moment being under Juniper wing. Cheren like I said is really driven to succeed, so I can see him get somewhere in the future. He did beat the Elite Four to get to Alder after all. I think Cheren may succeed a bit more cause he has the will to get where he wants and probably will get there one of those days. Bianca on the other hand may also succeed wheter it be a big time Musical Performer or a Professor she has something interesting on her horizon.

I really don't know who I would go to, depends on the situation I was in. I am sure both would be helpful either way.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Cheren, hands down. Bianca isn't as serious about battling as Cheren is.
    Bianca. She has a fun personality.
    Cheren. He seems like an overachiever to me. x]
    Cheren because Bianca doesn't seem like she would be much help. I can just imagine her running around screaming, "OMG WHAT DO WE DO?!".

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Which of the two is the better battler?
    Actually, I found Bianca to be slightly more difficult throughout the course of the game, but now Cheren has that damn Haxorus, so he's more difficult to beat.

Which has the better personality?
    Bianca. Cheren really annoys me, actually.

Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?
    Probably Cheren. He's kind of an overachiever.

Which character would you go to in an emergency?
    As much as I don't like him, I'd have to say Cheren. The thing about Bianca is that she's kinda... clueless sometimes.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I am sure they will both do a good job in whatever venture they may take. Bianca may do a good job being a future Professor while at the moment being under Juniper wing. Cheren like I said is really driven to succeed, so I can see him get somewhere in the future. He did beat the Elite Four to get to Alder after all. I think Cheren may succeed a bit more cause he has the will to get where he wants and probably will get there one of those days. Bianca on the other hand may also succeed wheter it be a big time Musical Performer or a Professor she has something interesting on her horizon.

I'd be happy just as long as Bianca doesn't become just like Elesa, I really did not get where they got the whole "omg I should become a model because Elesa's nice" type thing, it just seems kinda... dumb.

Cheren because Bianca doesn't seem like she would be much help. I can just imagine her running around screaming, "OMG WHAT DO WE DO?!".

As much as I don't like him, I'd have to say Cheren. The thing about Bianca is that she's kinda... clueless sometimes.

Yeah I think the same, mainly 'cause you know how in Castelia Bianca was a complete mess over losing her Munna, while back on Route 3 she was totally trying to be a leader for the little kid, idk. It seems kinda weird that they'd show the two sides to Bianca like that because it's not really necessary to show her helping out the kid with the exact same situation that she got freaked out about later on.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • My guess is just is trying to emulate Elesa, and saw her as a female role-model to her. Especially after she came to rescue to her after he dad told her she should go home.

She was later acting like a Bodyguard for Aurea at Chargestone Cave and Cedric at Dragon Spiral Tower. Although in the second instance I really think that was a front for her so she didn't have to get directly involved.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My guess is just is trying to emulate Elesa, and saw her as a female role-model to her. Especially after she came to rescue to her after he dad told her she should go home.

She was later acting like a Bodyguard for Aurea at Chargestone Cave and Cedric at Dragon Spiral Tower. Although in the second instance I really think that was a front for her so she didn't have to get directly involved.

Well, I don't think that gives a positive impression of Bianca, because she has the choice of the smart, successful Professor, and instead she considers taking after Elesa, I dunno, I think it just doesn't really make her seem as smart as she could be seen. :x

Oh right, I forgot that - but in neither situation any Pokemon were taken/stolen from her, whereas the two I mentioned did, so they can be seen as a contrast.

Ash's Infernape

Pokémon Protector
    Years
    Cheren is, without a doubt. He beat me many times near the start of the game, and nea rthe end his Haxorus took me by surprise. His Gigalith (However you spell it) was a pain with sturdy.

Both were great, but i liked Bianca's a little better. Cheren is like he will always be protecting trainers from plasma dudes and Bianca will just try to bodyguard and learn under Juniper.

Same as other posters, Bianca might become a musical performer or a professor. Cheren will not join E4 but might become a very strong trainer.

I really will only look for Cheren. Bianca is not at all to depend upon. She is still very childish and fun loving rival.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Cheren. Post-storyline he is training in Victory Road, which could possibly convey that he is serious about his training and so he is prepared to put in the effort and train in a supposably "difficult" setting. Some of his Pokemon show evidence of strategy too. Such as his Gigalith with Sturdy using Stealth Rock, a move more commonly used in competitive battles.

I'm going with Bianca. Cheren is fairly intelligent, and holds a greater knowledge on Pokemon, not that it is a bad thing, though it how he approaches others with that knowledge. There some incidences where he'll misunderstand Bianca's humour too. Earlier in the game, Cheren showed to be impatient as well.

I believe both characters will succeed in life. Cheren is intelligent and self-motivated so I could see him being a successful person. Perhaps he could teach at a Pokemon Trainer School (?). Bianca, as Kenshin5 pointed out, will be fine working under the Professor's guidance.

Cheren since his impatient persona, along with his intellect will come in handy in making a decision without doubts. No offence to Bianca though, as I can see her being helpful, though she may not be able to respond to an emergency situation quick enough to take effective action.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Hmm, this one is tough. To be honest, both were decent battlers, but what Bianca lacked was the starter type advantage. I mean I never had an issue battling either of them, however by the time I first battled Bianca my team was already all 70+.

Both had unique personalities, yet both annoyed me at the same time. Bianca was always so uplifting and supportive, yet very clumsy. Cheren seemed very gathered but also too worried about his future in my opinion. Him constantly telling me that he needs to find a path or whatever kind of annoyed me.

Definitely Cheren. Not to say that Bianca won't get anywhere, but I feel like she will have to be handed things while Cheren will work harder towards his goal. However both are very determined, so it's hard to tell.

Probably Cheren. Bianca would probably panic too much.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Definitely Cheren. Not to say that Bianca won't get anywhere, but I feel like she will have to be handed things while Cheren will work harder towards his goal. However both are very determined, so it's hard to tell.

Handed to her? What sort of things could be handed to her, really...? Cheren aims to be best battler (but he won't beat DA), which sure can't be handed to him, but she plans to be a supermodel or a researcher, or something like that, wouldn't they be kinda hard to achieve? :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Which of the two is the better battler?
    Since they probably both have the same AI, there would be no real difference in their skills.
    That said, so far as I care to discern — Cheren has a better handle on item use.

Which has the better personality?
    Cheren on the basis that his character seems to develop more, which implicates him as a faster learner.
    I'd could get along better with Bianca, though; jovial simpletons tend to like me.

Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?
    Handed to her? What sort of things could be handed to her, really...?
    Life opportunities in general; Cheren is more likely to pursue them, while Bianca is more likely to wait for them to come to her.

Cheren as he is disinclined to panic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015

That's a really tough question. On one hand, Cheren has a team that would more resemble my own style, but if the opponent is faster & more powerful, he's gone. On the other, Bianca's team has got durability on her side, & because of that, it's likely that her opponent isn't going to go through that fight completely unscathed unless he/she has some ridiculous power in their team. That's why I say that it's a tough question. They both are great in the field.

I'd say Cheren has a better personality, especially later on in the storyline. He's calm, collected, & under self-control, which are must-haves for any person, & Bianca is none of those.

This is also tough to say. Cheren, after those meetings with Alder, went from a snobby know-it-all, to someone who would help out those in need. Then again, there's nothing wrong with helping out a renowned Pokémon professor, isn't there?

Cheren, without a doubt, for the same reasons as my second answer.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Bianca Bianca Bianca Bianca period. Cheren just, I don't like him. HE'S JUST A WISEASS. And Bianca's the cutest too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Bianca is a klutz and she was easier in my opinion, so I'll go with Cheren
    I didn't like Cheren's personality, so I'll go with Bianca
    Cheren because Bianca is a klutz and in my opinion, Klutz really dont go far in life
    Cheren

:t354:TG

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • - Which of the two is the better battler?: Cheren. He appears to know what to do in battle and he strives to become stronger.
    - Which has the better personality?: Bianca. Even though she's clumsy, she's strong willed and even defied her own father to go on her journey.
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life?: Cheren, most likely. As previously mentioned, he strives to be the best.
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency?: Cheren. Bianca might screw things up out of clumsiness.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • Which of the two is the better battler? Cheren, by far.
    Which has the better personality? Bianca may be a klutz, but she has the best intentions and is only trying to help.
    Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Cheren sets realistic goals and carries them out, and he strives for perfection.
    Which character would you go to in an emergency? As kind-hearted as Bianca may seem, I wonder how she would be under pressure, being the klutz that she is. Towards the end of the game, Cheren seems to be level-headed in all situations, and seems very trustworthy.

Years
  • - Which of the two is the better battler? Cheren, he actually puts up a good fight near the end of the game.
    - Which has the better personality? Bianca, she's usually happy.
    - Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Cheren, he's more knowledgeable and knows his strategies better.
    - Which character would you go to in an emergency? Bianca for some funny moments, she makes me laugh.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • - Which of the two is the better battler? Better battler? Cheren all the way, but I had more difficulty battling Bianca's Pokemon, especially her Musharna.

- Which has the better personality? Biance is more upbeat in life, and sees everything as less serious. Happy go lucky but...

- Which do you think is most likely to succeed in life? Cheren definitely. Cheren has more realistic goals and strives towards the attainments of those goals.

- Which character would you go to in an emergency? Cheren because she seemed more responsible than Bianca.

But I like Bianca wayyy more better than Cheren.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012

I think Cheren is stronger. Bianca gave me some trouble, but Cheren seemed quite stronger in his final battale.

Definitely Bianca, although Cheren ends up coming across as more reliable. After he got rid of his know it all attitude at least.

That's a tough question. From what I've seen, Cheren is more intelligent, but Bianca seems more determined and energetic. I think they both have equal chances.

Another tough question. Cheren got more involved when it came to battles, although Bianca was no slouch either. She acted as Professor Juniper's bodyguard for a bit, and she was the one who offered help to that girl who had her pokemon stolen. And it was her who got the gym leaders together to fend off the sages. However she did end up getting her Munna stolen, while Cheren was able to deal with Team Plasma members with ease. So I think Cheren would be more reliable, although Bianca would be more likely to go the extra mile. Overall, I think Cheren has my vote.

Back