• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca Vs. Cheren

Bianca or Cheren?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Cheren did my head in. He was generally a bit of a whiny, arrogant douche who couldn't accept there were people stronger than him. He seemed to feel the world owed him something, and I really didn't like that.

Bianca was cool though. Despite being a bit ditsy she was always sweet and pleasant, and she learned a lot from her adventure. She realised there's a niche for everyone, and she could find meaning in doing what made her happy, learning from her experiences rather than setting out on a path and refusing to accept anyone else's input.

Virgilia

Chronos.
    Years
    I like Cheren the most. He's the stronger rival of the two, and being as I chose Snivy as my starter, he was more of a challenge. Bianca didn't really do much, she was always the klutzy one, the one who lost her Pokémon to Team Plasma, etc etc. I just think Cheren seemed to be the cool cucumber out of them both.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Bianca is adorable but Cheren is the one I like best. He reminds me SO FREAKING MUCH of Hiroshi Sotomura, the admin. Like every single thing about him reminds me of him. So it was kind of like playing through the game with one of my good friends and that was fun.

(Also any time people got to a point and went "UGH CHEREN YOU ARE SO ANNOYING", I'd get there and be not surprised or annoyed in the slightest 'cause I'm used to that sort of thing. :P)

Years
    Cheren's character was a little predictable because I've seen that kind of character before. Bianca had something different in her story. She wasn't really a typical rival and that was nice to see. I think they make for the best rivals I've seen, but Cheren only gets 2nd place for me.

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Both of them. I liked them but I still prefer Silver (GSC/HGSS) and Blue (RBY/FRLG) as rivals.

Last edited:

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
    I don't like either of them, personally.

They are both weak, whiny and insanely annoying. Bianca is a total wuss and tries to pretend she isn't by saying she's everyone's "bodyguard", even though she couldn't guard a wedge of cheese from a mouse. Then Cheren just whines at me about getting stronger and then he can't decide why he wants to get stronger or what he wants to do with his strength. Is he so dense he never even considered it at all? Then when the Champion spells it out for him, he still spends the rest of the storyline whining about not knowing what to do with himself.

Back