• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Big Things Come in Small Packages!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • What where some of the little things that you felt we're really useful or fun to use throughout both series of games? Was it the upgraded surfing speed of Platinum compared to Diamond and Pearl? In HGSS, did you like how you were able to access your two set key items on the touchscreen? Or maybe the having the ability to lock and unlock sprinting. (With sprinting locked, you do not need to hold down B to sprint, whenever you walk you sprint instead).

For me I really liked the little features I mentioned above. They improved my gaming experience compared to their predecessors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    For me, the auto-run feature of HGSS. It seriously helped with speed. For sure, why did they remove it? Maybe they should implement it again.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I'd also say the running button feature in HG/SS.It was certainly a useful addition and saved me from the situations where my hands would become sore after running with the 'B' button for a long time.

The increased speed of surfing was nice,since I became quite frustrated how slow you moved in D/P when on water.And having two key items instead of just one was conveninent n_n.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Like the above 2 people said, the auto-run function is extremely useful. Holding down B all the time sometimes hurt my finger.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah the auto run was great, but I always seem to find myself holding down B out of habit haha:)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I kno what u mean xD I still press b all the time. Although I think I use the bike a lot more, the running toggle was a very good addition, along with the double key items. I also liked the follow me, although it was kinda useless. The Poke thingy in DPPt was usefull, and I liked the clock, map etc features, but HG/SS use of touch screen was definitely much more useful.

Years
  • Before reading this thread, I already knew what my answer would be, but is seems like everyone has already beaten me to it. The auto-run was extremely helpful, and as someone who doesn't really use the Bicycle, I enjoyed it a lot. I also loved that the bottom screen in HG/SS always acted as the menu (as well as the 2 key items). I was actually a little dissappointed when I played Platinum later on, as the bottom screen was just the Poketch, which wasn't always that useful. If it had been the same style of bottom screen as HG/SS with just PokeGear and Poketch swapped, I think it would have been much better.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    Idk what specifically, but the improved battling aesthetics in Platinum made me happy lol. It just looked like really crisp and stuff.

Years
  • Like what most people here said, I enjoyed the auto-run feature of HG/SS.

It saved me having to hold the B button whenever I had to run.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What where some of the little things that you felt we're really useful or fun to use throughout both series of games? Was it the upgraded surfing speed of Platinum compared to Diamond and Pearl? In HGSS, did you like how you were able to access your two set key items on the touchscreen? Or maybe the having the ability to lock and unlock sprinting. (With sprinting locked, you do not need to hold down B to sprint, whenever you walk you sprint instead).

Honestly when I first read the idea of this thread I had no idea at all and couldn't think of anything, but after reading your ideas I have to agree fully. Things like locking sprinting and faster Surfing made the game feel so much nicer to play and really sped up the less interesting travel sections, and having two key items helped make the game feel a lot more complete. They're not huge additions but they're very useful nonetheless and they save a fair amount of awkward fumbling about during the game! I still tend to hold down B anyway though due to habit. x]

Years
  • The running button as a lot of others here have said...

But also I loved the follow me feature in HGSS. That was a nice, fun addition.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Auto-run, defs, like the people above me. Now my finger doesn't swell anymore. Yay.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    The lock-running button was a real plus for me.Why did they remove it?And the other touch features were really good in HG/SS too.

Back