• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BigSteve's sprite shack

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Hey guys
    I got a black and white sprite sheet of everything in pokemon red a while back and coloured it when i was bored
    They actually look pretty decent so i thought I'd post them here
    ask me if u wanna use them and i'll PM you the sprites you want in png format :)

BigSteve's sprite shack

I also saw a thread in the scrapbox about a Super Pokemon Brothers hack - Pokemon with Mario as a main character but the hack was cancelled
    regardless of that i went to The Spriter Resource and pulled up a Brendan sprite sheet and started working on a Mario sprite: what do ya think?

BigSteve's sprite shack

Using the same spritesheet i produced Link:
    BigSteve's sprite shack
    This link sprite is going to be in dragonmaster91 (love dialga)'s hack :)

Blank Pokemon Red Sprite sheet in PNG Format
    Pokemon Green black and white sheet for anybody interested (warning, may contain deformed pokemon of ones that look like they have downsyndrome- look at wigglytuff and tell me thats normal)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    ooh dear.. as nice as they are im sure, you saved as JPG. so all your sprites have bene compressed, ruining all your decent work :'( messy stray pixels all over the show....
    in future, i'd reccommend highly PNG, failing that gif and failing that, stick wiht pains default: bmp. this should keep you pixels in order and as you put them :3
    hope to see more! they remind me of my pinball re-colours from all that time ago~<3

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    ooh dear.. as nice as they are im sure, you saved as JPG. so all your sprites have bene compressed, ruining all your decent work :'( messy stray pixels all over the show....
    in future, i'd reccommend highly PNG, failing that gif and failing that, stick wiht pains default: bmp. this should keep you pixels in order and as you put them :3
    hope to see more! they remind me of my pinball re-colours from all that time ago~<3

Actually, the saving as jpg is a deliberate thing
    I have it in bmp for myself but posting the .jpg here makes it hard work to steal and encourage someone to ask if they can use it :)

I only do this when I'm bored and i recently got Crisis Core on psp (finished that already) and have started playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2 again so i won't be doing many for a while :)

I will finish the whole sheet eventually :)
    and i'll finish the mario sprite at some point too :)
    maybe I'll use it for a hack, but i'll need to get in contact with that guy that started one originally :)

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    They look pretty good. As pointed out they'd look better if you didn't save them as .jpeg though. I don't really like .pngs cauz they have pretty big file sizes. What I like to do is save them as .bmp and use GiFFFY to turn them into .gif (so photobucket doesn't ruin them) and it also make the sprites transparent. GiFFY .gif have the quality of a png and a small file size...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    They look pretty good. As pointed out they'd look better if you didn't save them as .jpeg though. I don't really like .pngs cauz they have pretty big file sizes. What I like to do is save them as .bmp and use GiFFFY to turn them into .gif (so photobucket doesn't ruin them) and it also make the sprites transparent. GiFFY .gif have the quality of a png and a small file size...

Thanks! I'll do that once i finish my sprites :)

Any opinions on my Mario?

EDIT: Updated with a sample spritesheet of Link :)

Last edited:

ghastly

Leafgar!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Hey, i like the recolors of most of what youve done, just upset about it not being in .png... but whatever. I would really like to have a colored form of that gastly if its possible:nervous:

I really like the link sprites too... they look just like he should be.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Hey, i like the recolors of most of what youve done, just upset about it not being in .png... but whatever. I would really like to have a colored form of that gastly if its possible:nervous:

I really like the link sprites too... they look just like he should be.

I'm actually going further with those link sprites - Dragonmaster is using them in his hack based around one of the zelda games (dont remember which but i think its Ocarina of Time :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    As far as I can see, Link's hat is done all wrong. On the frontal and back views, his cap seems to defy all gravity. His side view is slightly better, but not by a whole margin. Infact, it seems the front and back sides seem to share the same direction for the hat. Not a good idea, considering how it's direction changes depending on, well, the player's direction. I'd suggest you probably take a look at the Four Swords sprites closely and study how the cap falls down with physics.

Back