• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Bill's Garden, is it a fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Some people claims that you can enter Bill's garden behind his house, does anyone know if this has been debunked as a fake/hoax?

Guest123_x1

Since I never heard of being able to access anything behind Bill's House in the time I've played the games, it's safe to say that it's a hoax.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    That's what i thought. It's amazing how some people seems to have such a wide imagination.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Yep, it's a fake but it's still a pretty pretty fascinating to read about. Way back during the day, pokefans came up with the wildest, most insane rumors and this is just one of many that somehow manages to spread even today.

Guest123_x1

Yep, it's a fake but it's still a pretty pretty fascinating to read about. Way back during the day, pokefans came up with the wildest, most insane rumors and this is just one of many that somehow manages to spread even today.
    Partially taking back my previous post, when I first saw Bill's House when I played Pokémon Yellow for the first time, I thought the area behind it would be elaborate and out-of-this-world that could be reached. Until I entered the house, then I found out it couldn't be accessed.
    Sort of like the inaccessible grass on the sides of Route 1, which I always thought at first when I began playing the game contained rare Pokémon that couldn't be obtained by normal means.
    However I still stand by my previous statement that I never heard of any codes or cheats to get to that area behind the house (I didn't have internet access back then, this was in 1999-2000). I thought it, along with the aforementioned grass in Route 1, could be accessed by trying something really hard and elaborate.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
  • I remember my friends telling me about this back in 3rd grade. They told me it was called "Bill's backyard" and that every pokemon in the game was back there. I spent a week trying to get back there and then they told me it wasn't real.

Totally crushed all of my dreams -.-

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Yep, it's a fake but it's still a pretty pretty fascinating to read about. Way back during the day, pokefans came up with the wildest, most insane rumors and this is just one of many that somehow manages to spread even today.

Yeah, i remember how people came up with all kind of rumors, always something like "Speak with Prof. Oak 50 times" or "beat the E4 team 7 times in a row and something will happen". I remember websites like Supercheats.com had their Pokémon R/B/Y section filled with these kinds of "cheats" which always turned out to be fakes.

Last edited:

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    I've been there with Gameshark, there's just 4 squares of boring ground. :/

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Back when I got FireRed Version, I followed this exact FAQ (I had never played RBY):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/918915-pokemon-firered-version/faqs/28429

I was told that Charmander Field, Squirtle Lake, and Bulbasaur Garden were "removed" from the remakes, and that they used to be behind Bill's House. This implies that these areas were supposed to be in the original RBY. So annoying to find out that they were fakes; it got me so dismayed. -.- They sound so intriguing, though...I wish they were real. Stupid people and their constructed fake rumors. T_T

I think this is my first post ever in this Metal/Color Generation subforum. 0_o

Years
  • It's true - In Red/Blue beat Elite 4 12 times, speak to Prof Oak 100 times then there should be an opening inside Bill's mansion that will lead to Bill's Garden where you will be able to capture a Celebi.

O WAIT

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Okay if you fall for all this ridiculous stuff this marks you a real noob. No it's not real. Check AdvanceMap — nothing. Check it with Walk Through Walls — nothing.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    So many "rumours" for red and blue ... this cleary is a hoax
    Like i heard a rumour that there's a window in a dead end :3 talk to it and it says " the inside of this room is burning..."
    What lies ... ._.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back