• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BioShock Infinite

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
    BioShock Infinite

Well, guess what? Bioshock is no longer taking place in the sunken city of Rapture. That's right this new installment will take place in a place found on the other side of the spectrum.... the sky.

Now taking place in the floating city of Columbia in the early 1910's, you will play as Booker DeWitt, former Pinkerton agent sent on a rescue mission by an unknown client. The only details given is a trailer....

which shows you the new world you will be captive in and even a glimpse of a new foe and powers available. Plamsmids are out of the game, now replaced with flasks of some sort, one including "A Murder of Crows" which sends swarming birds to your enemies. But don't think for a second that all this power comes without a price not sure how it will effect you but more info will hopefully be released. Here is an in-depth look at the press reveal thanks to Kotaku.

https://kotaku.com/5607451/bioshock-infinite-goes-beyond-the-sea--into-the-skies

Thordainhammer

Blanker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Well I never really liked Bioshock too much, but I do like things that float in the sky despite the fact that they shouldn't be floating in the sky. I'll probably check it out when it hits in 2012.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I find it funny they're already releasing a trailer for a game that's going to be released two years from now.

Hopefully they'll include a multiplayer and expand it from what it was in BioShock 2. It was fun at first, but got boring quickly. I feel guilty spending 60 bucks on a game which has a single player that I'll play once and then be done with.

Conall

The Doctor
    Years
    I've been a huge fan of the Bioshock series since I purchased the first one for the console. It was a huge mind...bender. It was a real trip.

Bioshock 2 was interesting, and was far from a letdown.

I hope this new game manages to catch that same mystique the first two held.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Loved the first two, so when I saw this I freaked out. I love that they're bringing the idea of Bioshock outside of Rapture and into somewhere new. Columbia looks like it'll be a beautiful scenery. I also love how they seem to be going for more of a steampunk influence, it's fantastic. I can't wait to see how, if at all, it ties in with the previous two games.

Sadly, I'm so disappointed that they released a trailer this soon and put a 2012 release date. That's so far away.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm not... sure what to think yet.

I'm excited because this is the team that worked on the original BioShock which I loved, so I expect great things from them but... this just doesn't look like BioShock. :( I guess I'm a bit disappointed that they used the name. I'd be fine if they continued the ___Shock theme in the names but calling this BioShock just seems weird. But maybe it's just me.

What I really loved about the original BioShock (I haven't played the sequel yet) was the fear factor for me. It was my first FPS (which already made me jumpy) and my first survival-type game. Being so far under the water made the whole thing extra claustrophobic and added to the atmosphere. The only light was from artificial sources and if you left the buildings and died there would be absolutely no record of your death--it'd be like you never existed and that was just... immensely intriguing for me.

:/ But the atmosphere has done a 180, it seems. I don't know how I'm supposed to be scared or startled or creeped out in broad daylight. Everything looks so bright and colourful and nothing seemed even the least bit off-putting in the trailer I saw. ._. I know it's too early to judge, which is why I'm only cautiously judging (because I cannot help judging somewhat xD) but just based on this trailer, I don't think I'd pick up the game.

Can't wait for more details, and I'll probably pick it up regardless just for being by the 2K Boston team buuuuut right now I'm not really excited or at all hyped for it. (That could also be because it comes out in two years and I can't make myself care that far in advance.)

We'll see!

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
    I've never been a fan of BioShock since I thought the game itself was literally too dark for my liking... I got BioShock 2 and never beat it. But judging by the looks of the trailer, this game looks like it'll be worth it and l'll definitely give it a try. :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    i loved the first two games. i just hope they don't go off and do something too weird, and still call it Bioshock. i do think they may have strayed too far from the feel and what not of the first two games, but we'll just wait and see. still, i can't wait for it to come out.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I love the new setting and the new ideas they're trying to do. You can only do the "This is an underwater city" thing so long before it gets stale. Most people complained that Bioshock 2 wasn't as atmospheric or well-done as the first (I liked it), so maybe this will put a fresh twist on the series.

But I agree with Erica that it should've been ___Shock and not BioShock. Then they could expand the universe without it feeling like it's just using the name to get sales.

But who knows. After Bioshock Infinite 2, they'll make an underground city version. (jokes)

Back