• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bizarro Cherrim

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Well, not really. Just Dark Cherrim. A Cherrim that feeds on moonlight instead of sunlight.

It's honestly been forever since I've faked any cards. I can't find all the correct fonts/symbols (and honestly the stickies are a mess without a moderator), so if you spot anything wrong (I know I don't have the font for the numbers/ID at least), please tell me so I can correct. I also can't find the EX version of the PokéBody/Power symbol. I'm also sure all the symbols are outdated, actually. Peh. Everything feels out of place on this card. It's been way too long and I can't find my old files.

Bizarro Cherrim

Artwork by me (it says Basmothel, which is my usual internet name).

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
    Actually, it's dead on. Then Energy symbols seem a little too bold, but that's the only noticeable issue. The reason it looks off is because of the way small font is rendered on the computer versus the small text that is scanned. All fake cards have always looked out of place when you stick them next to a real card.

nintendo jr

DP Shining Forest
    Years
    About the art, you could have used a real sky seeing as you used a real moon in my opinion :) About the card, I think 2 (C)(C) of Retreat Cost is a bit too much, just (C) would be fine. The HP should be 70, 60 is low even for a Dark Pokémon.
    Energy goes with a capital E for the first attack. I not sure about the wording either.

Anyways, good luck ;)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    About the art, you could have used a real sky seeing as you used a real moon in my opinion :) About the card, I think 2 (C)(C) of Retreat Cost is a bit too much, just (C) would be fine. The HP should be 70, 60 is low even for a Dark Pokémon.
    Energy goes with a capital E for the first attack. I not sure about the wording either.

Anyways, good luck ;)

Several stage one Dark Pokémon have 60 (or even 50 in rare cases) HP, and I went that low on this one so that its second attack wouldn't be too powerful. And d'oh, it's been so long since I've faked that I forgot the energy capitalization. The double retreat cost was also for this (also as you don't want to retreat her too much, as you'll lose the extra HP from the second attack). It was sort of a test of a new mechanic I've never seen on a card, so yeah, the balancing isn't precise and neither is the wording. Thanks for the detailed comment, by the way.

And no comment on my failtastic art skills. Hehe...

nintendo jr

DP Shining Forest
    Years

Several stage one Dark Pokémon have 60 (or even 50 in rare cases) HP, and I went that low on this one so that its second attack wouldn't be too powerful. And d'oh, it's been so long since I've faked that I forgot the energy capitalization. The double retreat cost was also for this (also as you don't want to retreat her too much, as you'll lose the extra HP from the second attack). It was sort of a test of a new mechanic I've never seen on a card, so yeah, the balancing isn't precise and neither is the wording. Thanks for the detailed comment, by the way.

And no comment on my failtastic art skills. Hehe...

Ahh now I see! You base your cards on the old cards (The first Team Rocket set and not the EX Team Rocket Returns from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/GreenLeaf sets).
    I personally checked each Stage 1 cards and most of them have 70 HP and some even have 80 (Or in Arbok's case 90!).
    Also, as I said before (C)(C) for three RC is too much for Cherrim, it doesn't matter if it is there for the attack's effect as for xample Snorlax would never get a (C) even if it had an attack that is better if you switch (Look Dark Pupitar, a heavy-slow Pokémon, got (C)(C) for Retreat Cost while Dark Golduck/Flaafly/Dragonair/Ariados/Houndoom, average size/speed have (C) for Retreat Cost)

I suggest you go to PokéBeach to see EX Team Rocket Returns's cards, as you will see how the Dark Pokémon were managed recently. And sorry for the long post -.-

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    This is a very nice card (once I get over the spriting job (but, you're not trying to be an artist, so. .)), but why does it need so many colorless energies? What about darkness energy? I think that'd be a more sensible (if not somewhat funny) choice.

-points for the PokéBeach thing at the bottom.​

Back