• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black and White: A Gen 5 Fanclub

Who is your favourite gym leader?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    Yo DoD, can anyone in this club suggest a new topic?

Please do not refer to me as DoD please. I have a name called Serena that I would like to go by. And Also You will be on the Warning list for a week for breaking a club rule. And now the answer to the question: It just depends on what it is. If It happens to be on the front page then it is approved. But it has to be through a pm or VM.

Black and White: A Gen 5 Fanclub

Submitting as a sprite for the fanclub. Hope you all like it. I will not judge the sprites based on me not liking it. And remember to use all three and save as .PMG.

The ears are from tepig. Snivy is the base. And the Feet are Oshawott's.

Last edited:

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    Yeah, not much of a spriter myself, so I think I'm going to skip out in this week's special offer.

oh yeah sorry 'bout that. I wasn't really thinking. I know not a lot of people sprite so I shouldn't have done that. but could you please answer a club topic.

This is your first verbal warning. The reason why It is in this size is so it doesn't upset the club.

Well I hope everyone can answer the new topic.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    hi guys i would like to join!
    username goatman4
    starter victini if thats not ok then tepig

Accepted. Victini is not a Normal starter that you have to choose from the three pokeballs at the table. So tepig will be your starter. Remember follow the rules and don't get 3 Mod reports.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
    Years
    im joining very late because im very busy

Club Name(or your username): Warrior
    Who is your starter? Me
    Pokemon Showdown Name(If you
    have one): i have but i can't remember:(

What Gen 5 pokemon has the best stats? Why? Please No legendaries included.:
    for me Haxorus has beat stats because i like attacking pokemons and he had 127 Attack power and also his speed and Defense is good.... :)

if anything wrong with my form please tell me i will edit it thanks

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    im joining very late because im very busy

Club Name(or your username): Warrior
    Who is your starter? Me
    Pokemon Showdown Name(If you
    have one): i have but i can't remember:(

What Gen 5 pokemon has the best stats? Why? Please No legendaries included.:
    for me Haxorus has beat stats because i like attacking pokemons and he had 127 Attack power and also his speed and Defense is good.... :)

if anything wrong with my form please tell me i will edit it thanks

Welcome to the club. Your form is fine. Your next post has to include an answer to a club topic. And thank you. I am getting ready to do a club game.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Guys, please remember that a club has to stay on topic of the area it's based on with discussions, topics, etcetera, at all times. This has been said countless times here already and if the current off-topic theme continues the club will have to be closed. I'll provide a topic for the time being:

Do you think too many legendary Pokémon were introduced in Gen V or should there have been more?

Generation V was famous for introducing more legendary Pokémon than any other generation to date, but did you find them to be too much? Personally I dislike legendary Pokémon in general so I wasn't at all a fan of this. Generation V had some pretty cool legendaries like Thundurus-T and Victini but in general I found them all to be somewhat... desperate? It felt like they were running out of ideas with a lot of the new additions and honestly they just weren't fun to catch or use. I didn't like the designs of any of the huge dragons and the musketeer trio were too odd for me, but I did love the Kami trio (the genies) and most of the event legendaries were pretty cool. I guess it's just a shame that I don't like the biggies in general haha. I would've much preferred for them to add less legendaries but of a higher quality, though I guess when they're set on an idea they won't just leave it in the dust. What do you guys think?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Yeah, I'm on the same boat. Except that I liked the musketeers better than the genies, but that's personal preference. I thought the amount of legendaries was way too much. I think it should be the mascot pokemon, a group of three, and maybe one or two others. Not the amount that they did give us. As far as quality goes, I think they were fine. I bet if they made less legendaries, they would have spent the same amount of time as they already have on each of them, so quality isn't a concern.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    Create a gen V team. Why did you choose those pokes?
    Serperior: Him because he is good with the sets I like to use and also i like the design.
    Glaceon: Love this eeveelution.
    Unfezant: I always use the region bird.
    Chandelure: It can be useful at times.
    Reshiram: It has decent moves and can do some decent damage.
    Panpour: I use water types to help support my team.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7894306#post7894306 Go here and look at a new update.

The front Page has been edited so please look at it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My Gen V team:

Ferrothorn: One of the greatest walls of all time as well as hazard setter.
    Jellicent: Another wall, and spin blocker.
    Volcarona: An extremely potent sweeper.
    Conkeldurr: A powerful hitter and priority user.
    Haxorus: One dragon dance, and I'm ready to go.
    Galvantula: I need coverage, and Galvantula is going to provide it.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    My Gen V team:

Ferrothorn: One of the greatest walls of all time as well as hazard setter.
    Jellicent: Another wall, and spin blocker.
    Volcarona: An extremely potent sweeper.
    Conkeldurr: A powerful hitter and priority user.
    Haxorus: One dragon dance, and I'm ready to go.
    Galvantula: I need coverage, and Galvantula is going to provide it.

Hmm that is a good team as well. I disagree with Haxorus and galvantula for personal reasons. I do think that they are good pokes but I just use them as trophies. But Ferrothorn is not a wall. A better wall is Forretress because it can do good damage even if it is invested with defensive EVs. So that is my opinion on your team.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Hmm that is a good team as well. I disagree with Haxorus and galvantula for personal reasons. I do think that they are good pokes but I just use them as trophies. But Ferrothorn is not a wall. A better wall is Forretress because it can do good damage even if it is invested with defensive EVs. So that is my opinion on your team.
    Actually, Ferrothorn has the offensive edge over Forretress.
    Ferrothorn's Attack is 94 while Forretress is 90.
    It's Power Whip makes Ferrothorn one of the very best Water check/counter & it's
    Gyro Ball is very strong as well.

Plus, while Ferrothorn has a lower 131 Defense compared to Forretress' 140,
    it's Sp.Def is SUPERIOR, at 116 to Forretress' 60, so it tends to be TOUGHER
    to take down, especially with Leech Seed & Leftovers in play.
    EDITED IN:
    Leech Seed & it's Iron Barbs ability is part of what gives it the offensive edge over Forretress.
    As a matter of fact, I've heard of it taking down multiple pokemon with just Leech Seed, Iron Barbs
    & entry hazard damage!
    EDITED IN:
    Maybe I should say "mostly"... now I think about it, beating multiple pokemon with just
    Leech Seed, Iron Barbs & entry hazards sounds a little Farfecth'd. (Ha, I'm so PUNny!)

& the Jellithorn combo is a SOLID defensive core, in fact, it's my understanding that it replaced
    the SkarmBliss combo as the defensive core of choice in the 5th gen.

& Haxorus is a fearsome sweeper/wallbreaker with it's base 147 Attack.
    Use Dragon Dance for Sweeping & Swords Dance for Wallbreaking.
    I remember seeing a Double Dance set that allows Haxorus to adapt, but at the cost
    of type coverage.

Only thing wrong with Galvantula that it's wishes it's base Sp.Atk was higher than 97.
    Other than that, it'd be a great Special Sweeper in OU.
    (if memory serves me, it IS a great sweeper in UU.)

So, the only objection I have to Slayr231's team is that he uses 2 Bug-types, but that's a minor
    complaint, not worth paying attention to.

EDITED IN:
    I haven't posted my 5th gen team, as I'm not done working on it in my head.

Last edited:

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    Actually, Ferrothorn has the offensive edge over Forretress.
    Ferrothorn's Attack is 94 while Forretress is 90.
    It's Power Whip makes Ferrothorn one of the very best Water check/counter & it's
    Gyro Ball is very strong as well.

Those are just stats. But in an actual battle Forretress is better imo. But it depends on your set.

A good forretress set is:
    Gyro Ball
    Bug Bite
    Rapid Spin
    Spikes

That is just an example of a set that I happen to use a lot. Bug Bite ends up hitting psychic types hard. And a fire type can KO ferrothorn though. But it really depends on a set.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Those are just stats. But in an actual battle Forretress is better imo. But it depends on your set.

A good forretress set is:
    Gyro Ball
    Bug Bite
    Rapid Spin
    Spikes

That is just an example of a set that I happen to use a lot. Bug Bite ends up hitting psychic types hard. And a fire type can KO ferrothorn though. But it really depends on a set.
    Umm... You realize that Forretress is weak to fire too, right? The only advantage that Forretress has over Ferrothorn is the ability Sturdy and Rapid Spin. Heck, my Ferrothorn on my grass team has swept a psychic team before. Something that I doubt Forretress and it's special defense could have done. However, I think we're getting off topic of Gen 5, so I'll end my rant here.

Gen 5 really did change the competitive scene. It introduced some amazing sweepers and great walls. New strategies were invented, for better or for worse, and I think that gen 5 might have been the generation to change the most things, but that's merely my opinion.

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
    Years
    What is your Favourite Gen V strategy?

Well I really don't have a favourite strategy in gen V. I actually never use a strategy so I just make one in battle.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I mostly use a hyper-offense battle style. I've been dabbling into a more defensive strategy, but I mostly like offense. Basically, I send out my lead and get hazards out, then see how much damage I can cause and send out pokemon accordingly. I don't like switching and will often go until one faints, but I usually have a couple defensive pivots I'll use. It has worked very well for me and I don't plan on changing it soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back