• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White ev training

Years
    EV training right off the bat? I never do it. I feel it's way too much of a pain to even bother. I like waiting until I'm finished with the story, much easier if you ask me.

this

In the beginning of the game you don't have many options, and it sucks when the trainer battles throw all the wrong EVs at you. I think at that point, trying to EV train takes all the fun out of being a new trainer and having a new story.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Black/White doesn't have the berries, so it'd be a pain in the butt to EV train this time 'round.

I don't play competitively, so is kinda pointless for me anyway, and I'll probably just not do it.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    Great topic! Right now I'm trying to breed a Deino to EV train. Ever since I raised a Hydregion in my Japanese White version, I've been fascinated with it, and can;t wait to see what it can do with proper stats. :D

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    So far I've EV trained:
    2 different Hydreigons
    Volcarona
    Mienshao
    Reuniclus
    Excadrill
    Elektross
    Victini

And I've bred and am about to EV train:
    Frillish
    Scraggy
    Litwick
    and perhaps a Drought Vulpix by tomorrow

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Nope never! Never have, never will! EV training is why I wasn't excited about wifi battles in D/P. Only a hand full of people don't EV train which makes it near imposable for someone who just wants to have fun, test skill using movesets, strategy, and nonperfect IVs. I really wish there was a none competitive battle section (hint hint mods)

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    Nope never! Never have, never will! EV training is why I wasn't excited about wifi battles in D/P. Only a hand full of people don't EV train which makes it near imposable for someone who just wants to have fun, test skill using movesets, strategy, and nonperfect IVs. I really wish there was a none competitive battle section (hint hint mods)

there is no way the mods would be able to moderate that.

People could say their pokemon aren't EV trained and they could still be.

Anyways isn't there these new items called Wings? Doesn't that make ev training a lot easier in B/W?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2013
    Where do you get the macho brace anyway?

I already have pokerus, do they stack? And can you get multiple macho braces?

Years
    does anyone know if ev training actually works in BW? I've been fighting roggenrola all day and defense has not gone up at all. If each roggenrola gives 1 defense ev, then my pkmn's defense stat should go up by 1 after fighting four of them right?? I know that stats are recalculated at the end of every battle instead of at leveling up, but even when I check stats after every battle it hasn't gone up. And I don't do wifi/competitive battling, but I like ev training a bit anyway =P

@Ciesla
    you get the macho brace from a baseball guy at the east gate in Nimbasa city

edit: does anyone know how ev values are distributed if I have a pkmn holding an exp share?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    does anyone know if ev training actually works in BW? I've been fighting roggenrola all day and defense has not gone up at all. If each roggenrola gives 1 defense ev, then my pkmn's defense stat should go up by 1 after fighting four of them right??

That's only the case for a Level 100 Pokémon. The gain from a single EV point is smaller and smaller the lower your level is.

edit: does anyone know how ev values are distributed if I have a pkmn holding an exp share?

The full EV yield is given to every Pokémon that gains EXP.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Have you ever considered that when you grind...you actually are EV training? For every Pokemon you defeat you gain at least 1 EV point for a particular stat. Even though you don't intend to, you still are EV training just not correctly though.

Back