• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
  • Has anyone seen any glitches in the games most lately because I haven't really found any but I think there is one but people don't really see it lately.I think there's one where you fight the game freak person called morimoto in the game when you talk to him he doesn't look all detective when you fight him but when you do he is all detective.Do you think it's a glitch or not?.

Discuss.

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • I don't think that's a glitch, but you're right, there are a lot of differences between his OW sprite and trainer sprite.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Has anyone seen any glitches in the games most lately because I haven't really found any but I think there is one but people don't really see it lately.I think there's one where you fight the game freak person called morimoto in the game when you talk to him he doesn't look all detective when you fight him but when you do he is all detective.Do you think it's a glitch or not?.

Discuss.

No it's just a character sprite he wanted to have (Hence he's a programmer), a glitch would be like the Nuggest Bridge on Firered where you could get infinite nuggets or something like that.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Yeah, I get a bit of lag when I come out of the Pokemon Centre in Nimbasa, jump on my bike and zoom north (which I do a lot thanks to the Big Stadium/Little Court) but other than that I haven't noticed anything significant. There's also a bit of lag sometimes when Trainers notice you. You mysteriously stop walking, and it isn't until a second or so later when the ! pops up and the Trainer walks forward.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Yeah, I get a bit of lag when I come out of the Pokemon Centre in Nimbasa, jump on my bike and zoom north (which I do a lot thanks to the Big Stadium/Little Court) but other than that I haven't noticed anything significant. There's also a bit of lag sometimes when Trainers notice you. You mysteriously stop walking, and it isn't until a second or so later when the ! pops up and the Trainer walks forward.
    I have noticed the trainer lag. It's not too bad though. I can live with it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well I noticed a graphics glitch, iirc, it's near route 18, where you find that Sage, if you walk past the hills, you'll see slight blue underneath the hills where it should be brown. Not major but the only graphics glitch I noticed, lol :(

Unless it was that other routeeee...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've really only noticed the few lags here and there, most frequently the Pokecenter at Nimbasa City one, as Misheard Whisper mentioned.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • no glitches seen, just slow game activity. like shakiness when in nimbasa, and the black transition screen being slow when bringing up the menu. game seems to go faster when i save more often.

walked into a shaky grass, nothing happened, so i kept moving, and then an audino appeared. that was kind of odd.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • There is a Day Care glitch were you put the Pokemon you want to raise in the Day Care and then go to the Battle Subway and then weigh down the left or right button and because there are no obstructions you just go around and round and level up your Pokemon. Which is kinda like the glitch in R/S with the Sand Hills instead.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • I haven't found any-- but something weird: my DS lite runs through Driftveil just fine but on the same cartridge when played in my friends first-generation DS, Driftveil City is about 5 fps. The rest of the game runs fine in both devices.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I haven't found any-- but something weird: my DS lite runs through Driftveil just fine but on the same cartridge when played in my friends first-generation DS, Driftveil City is about 5 fps. The rest of the game runs fine in both devices.

I've noticed something similar. I played my JP White version on my DS Lite (because of the region-lock), and whenever I exited the Pokemon Center in Nimbasa to head to the stadiums, I would get a second or so of lag whenever I crossed the small bridge. On my DSi with my Black version, I don't get nearly as much lag.

I'm guessing it's because each iteration of the DS is more powerful than the last, and there's less lag because the newer DSes can process the graphics quicker. Or something like that, lol.

But either way, that's not really a glitch. I don't think I've noticed any glitches myself yet.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • when i encounter a wild pokemon there is 1 sec of lag

Like stated before, lag isn't really a glitch; more of just the DS not being able to process data quickly enough. Lag will typically happen if you encounter a wild Pokemon right after advancing to a different location, picking up an item, or either entering or leaving the water (through Surf).

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • A very odd glitch/bug did occur to me.
    I was on Route 2. When I wanted to walk into wild grass, I just walked above it. No grass animation and no Pokemon encountered. When a trainer challenged me it was all back to normal.
    Has anyone ever experienced this?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I haven't noticed anything glitchy. Even lag, I've never experienced it, and I've played through the game completely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back