• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White's version of the Dream World

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So we actually had a pretty good discussion on this before, but sadly like most threads it died out. Either way, as you may know there will be some upgrades in B2W2 and some other things that may make the whole thing interesting, but what I want to know is what your thoughts are from the start until the "improved" DW, basically.

But yeah - what did you think about the Dream World as an overall thing? Did you like how you were introduced to it? Do you think Fennel is a troll? Do you think a lot more could've been done with it? Do you still visit it or are you holding off until B2W2? If so what has made you stop using it? And so on. Feel free to add in your own thoughts on any other questions that come to mind regarding the Dream World and to discuss the minigames specifically in the minigame thread. ;) AND ALSO PLEASE DISCUSS WITH OTHER USERS IT'LL MAKE YOUR FORUM EXPERIENCE BETTER.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't really like the inconvenience of it all.

The 24 hour thing or the fact that it was online? I didn't really like that it was on the computer since it motivated me not really to bother :x I'd prefer if it was on the DS.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I welcome the Dream World. It was a step in the right direction; I like being able to bring a piece of the games to the internet. I like being able to decorate my room, harvest berries, and find Pokemon with hidden abilities (although the site is very haxy!). I never really found good females nor good special moves... Sometimes, I better enjoyed watering berries and visiting other DW homes rather than looking for that one Pokemon. Of course, the dw.exe fixes that problem but... Every DW Pokemon is so old / already bred.

A LOT more could've been done... Improve the mini-games or slash them! The mini-games become very repetitive. The only one I like was the Pelipper mini-game because it is fast-paced. I am immensely hoping that DW2 will have all new Pokemon with hidden abilities. I also hope there's a better way to recruit the Pokemon instead of playing boring mini-games...

I also wanted to have actual friends instead of being shown random players to visit/befriend. I know there's a way to add certain people but I lost interest in DW overall.

I stopped using it because...

The 24 hour thing or the fact that it was online? I didn't really like that it was on the computer since it motivated me not really to bother :x I'd prefer if it was on the DS.
    I can't stand the 24 hour thing or the time being based on the DS clock in general. :/ I am always changing my DS clock for RNG abuse. I'm usually locked out of DW.

HarmonyChains

Hex Code 013
    Years

I never even thought about it being directly on the DS, that would definitely be something. I can see watering the berries with the touch screen being so much more fun than using the computer to do it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I liked it, it allowed me to get various Pokemon not available in BW. Also the games are kind of fun (though they could be funner). They could use some work on the berry mechanics like making different tools to water the berries (more effective tools that allow them to grow faster) which you can by paying a certain amount of berries. Also the return of mulch would be nice.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    The BW dream world was okay. I liked getting the Pokemon with an ability they had never before. I strongly dislike the fact of 24 hours, and the fact of it being so inconvenient and out of the way to do.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I would've enjoyed the Dream World much more if you didn't have to wake up and put your Pokémon to sleep between every visit, because that was often enough reason not to use it at times. Otherwise I quite enjoyed it all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Was it just me, or was the whole thing not particularly well-advertised? I always knew that Pokemon had different abilities in the Dream World, but never really understood how it worked, what actually happened there, or how one even got in. I know all of those things now, but I had to do a lot of research to get to that point; to me, it just didn't feel all that naturally integrated into the main game. Obviously not everyone has Wi-Fi access and therefore cannot access DW, but it would still have been nice for it to have had a little bit more telegraphing beforehand.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Was it just me, or was the whole thing not particularly well-advertised? I always knew that Pokemon had different abilities in the Dream World, but never really understood how it worked, what actually happened there, or how one even got in. I know all of those things now, but I had to do a lot of research to get to that point; to me, it just didn't feel all that naturally integrated into the main game. Obviously not everyone has Wi-Fi access and therefore cannot access DW, but it would still have been nice for it to have had a little bit more telegraphing beforehand.

Well, I thought it was actually advertised a lot tbh. I mean not really on TV and stuff, but I felt like early on it was pretty advertised in the games. I thought they kinda over-compensated for it at first though, like y'know in the actual Dream World how Fennel explained everything. Perhaps if they made it a bigger selling point and spent more time on it and explained less within the Dream World more people might've wanted to play it now and find use in it. As for Wifi I feel enough people actually have it now for it to be really more successful than it was. I mean when it was first held off when they were originally planning to launch it for the English versions we were all like "OMG I CAN'T WAIT" so idk, I feel it was advertised but just so much lost interest.

Back