• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen black city/white forest discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Legend

Loves her ubers!
Years
  • I didn't really know anything about Black City before I got Black version even thought that was the reason why I wanted it. I finally get there in the end, ride my bicycle around, and....nothing. I was totally confused as to why there was only a pokemon center. I can't use the entralink because the only other person I know of who plays pokemon games doesn't have white version yet. -_-

Years
  • Honestly it is a really interesting concept but gamfreak didn't utilize it to the maximum potential. Hopefully in the third game this will be improved.

beanzy100000

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2011
    where is this black you can battle to gain access to black city?! o.o

i spoke to the man in the house in white forest and he said i should find a water type pokemon.. i dont have any patches of water in the forest...

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • well personally, i would preffer the high tech city in any normal case, but for some reason i preffer white forest here. It kinda looks better, and really symbolizes the 'pokemon wilderness' idea of pokemon.

beanzy100000

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2011
    i know how you feel eagle, im trying to persuade another of my friends to buy black but nothing's happened yet.
    they should make entralink available on wifi :/

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
    Years
  • i still haven't figured out this Entralink business so i'm stuck with the same crappy three trainers in Black City...
    so yeah. i don't like it much xD

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2011
    =/ I just want to catch a Male Nidoran in white forest. But idk how to make someone tell me they saw one.

Years
  • =/ I just want to catch a Male Nidoran in white forest. But idk how to make someone tell me they saw one.

The pokemon you can catch are based on who is in your city, the same goes for the items sold in black city. If you don't have what you want, you will have to wait til someone leaves your city, then hope that when someone with black visits you, you get the right person to move in.

Honestly, the idea of different cities is nice, but like so many people have said, it just gets tedious. The only time I go to black city anymore is if I need quick funds for breeding, which is rare, or if I need to transfer something from gen4, which obviously I need less and less.

pondjohn

Ace in training
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    i like white forest iv'e never been to black city, but i want to know how my population shrunk from when i first visited even though iv'e never done entralink with anyone :(

Years
  • I like White Forest :)
    The Pokemon, berries you get from the Mayor (I think... xD)
    And I don't even mind the camera angles. They're unique. Deal with it. :D

-Totodile42

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • my white forest should be called light green shrubbery. I really like the idea, but the constant need of maintenance to keep people there is a little awkward.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • My Black City is kind of full. But I got two DS so reset White on my not-mained DS in order to 'expand' the city. Especially since Dream World and Kingdom of Loathing kept me from Black City. My city shrunk and the storevanished so I 'got back into Pokemon' for a bit. Again.

So far have Thunderstones, Dusk Stones, and Rare Bone for sale out of the possibles from the "good stuff".

Last White run took around ten days to the White Forest from Nimbasa. Saw some water and did my first few "missions" of Entralink.

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
  • I hate the idea that you have to rush the games to have enough people in the city/forest to get anything useful. I have about 6 people in my white forest, and all I can catch are arons, rhyhorns and happinys (though I now have aggron and rhyperior)

Also, you dont know who you are bringing over, so I don't know what pokemon they will unlock for me.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • White Forest was a good idea, but since your uber zoomed out...Kinda not fun :/. But I love the concept, and the grasses are fun for catching noob Pokes ;D. But it was kinda fun and refreshing. Especially to see all of my subjects MUAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back