• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen black city/white forest discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I like White Forest.. Peace and Quiet... that's all I can say about it. And there's so many pokemon to catch there too :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    can u buy thunderstones in White forest??

Nope, you can't purchase anything in White Forest, sorry.

White City was a good idea, but since your uber zoomed out...Kinda not fun :/. But I love the concept, and the grasses are fun for catching noob Pokes ;D. But it was kinda fun and refreshing. Especially to see all of my subjects MUAHAHAHA!

...I think you mean White Forest. XD

I have no idea what the point of White Forest/Black City is or how to use them. I kinda need an explaination. Halp?

Black City is a place where you can battle trainers, and purchase items you can't in other places in the game, however, White Forest has 30 or so exclusive Pokemon only to that location. When you don't visit the location for a while, then either all the people you can battle, or all the exclusive Pokemon will disappear. :x You can find Black City & White Forest if you walk across from Marvelous Bridge and continue going right til you find a gate which goes through to this place. Also if you didn't know, one is exclusive to Black (City) and the other is exclusive to White (Forest). Oh and finally, the way to get more people (which means more items to purchase, or more Pokemon) is to go to someone's extralink who has the opposite copy of your game and invite the people to yours. :)

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • can u buy thunderstones in White forest??

Heard from a friend that the "itemfinder" can be used in White Forest for a daily item limit. But I'm on a reset run of White so not far enough to say from my perspective.

I have Thunderstones for sale at my Black City which is awesome except for levelling up Tynamo and Eelektrik.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    My Black City is empty and I don't know anyone who lives near me that plays Pokemon White, so I can't fix it. :(

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • In my opinion, I believe that Black City is better than White Forest. I bought both games, and I've played in both Black City and White Forest. I think that Black City is a lot more interactive and enjoyable than White Forest. One reason is because of the number of Pokemon battles you can enjoy in Black City. These Pokemon Battles will give trainers continuous experience and money. Secondly, the owner of Black City gives out $10,000 for every 10 trainers you defeat, making for more money. It's annoying how he keeps referring to my coming to him as 'greed' but I can live with it. I guess White Forest would be more suited to people who like collecting Pokemon over battling with others, but for me, I love battles more than collecting Pokemon, so I'd go with Black City any day.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Black City is... okay. It's kind of boring, though. I do have 10 trainers in my city, so it's okay. Lol.

But there's nothing else fun to do here but fight every day to get money from the guy in the building. =\

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • Heard from a friend that the "itemfinder" can be used in White Forest for a daily item limit. But I'm on a reset run of White so not far enough to say from my perspective.

I have Thunderstones for sale at my Black City which is awesome except for levelling up Tynamo and Eelektrik.

all that's in my black city are useless shards and cheap to sell items :(

D-poke

Fairly Far Fetched
    Years
  • Is it because I didn't get to White forest soon enough that I have only about 12 species of pokemon + the water ones? If I can't get more from my sister's Black city how do I find people with Black to get the remaining pokemon? WHERE'S MY ODDISH? WHERE'S MY GENGAR? WHERE'S MY PORYGON? WHERE'S MY ELECTABUZZ? WHERE'S MY SKIPLOOM?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :( Well I don't know how you'll find other people (other than ask around in real life?), but I think if you communicate with her you can likely get more Pokemon from Black City even if she doesn't have many in her city. I'm not 100% sure on this, so you're best off asking in Black and White Quick Questions, rather than in a thread like this. But yeah it's definitely because you didn't get there fast enough, unfortunately.

However, this thread has been revived, and you can't post in threads over a month old (with weekly polls not applying), so imma lock this up - and hopefully can get those Pokemon!
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back