• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black city/White Forest??

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    We've been talking about Black City and White Forest for awhile actually...

Yeah...

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Wow, never seen this before..

Of course..I don't even know much about the games.

Anyone got any screenshots?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    You realize that Black City is in Black and White Forest is in White...

Why would Reshi be on Black and Zek be on White but have Black City be in Black and White Forest be in White? You do realize that makes no sense right...

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Why would Reshi be on Black and Zek be on White but have Black City be in Black and White Forest be in White? You do realize that makes no sense right...

It makes just as much sense as just the legendaries being switched. Why should everything have to be? Then there would be nothing related to the version colour at all.

It's confirmed anyway.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Why would Reshi be on Black and Zek be on White but have Black City be in Black and White Forest be in White? You do realize that makes no sense right...

It makes sense plot wise. The evil guy wants to use Zekrom in Pokemon White to make things more advanced and technological. The evil guy wants to use Reshiram in Pokemon Black to make things more natural looking.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Yes, it has been confirmed as White Forest to all of you who are stuck on "Fortress". Clearly from the screenshots White Forest resembles nothing of an actual Fortress.

I am all for version exclusive textures. What N is fighting for, seperation of Pokemon and humans in a somewhat honorable way, is feesably parallel to the on-going struggle between nature and man (i.e. industry deforestation). I entirely believe that the story will be very much about said conflict.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Ugh...
    It's not White Forest, it's White Fortress.
    Google the word if you don't know what it means.

No its White Forest... Google the word if you don't know what it means.

Wow you guys are falling into their plan perfectly :P. Good thing for me that I want the forest and Zekrom :P

Yeah GF does do this but I don't care I have money for both even though I don't want Black at all... I bought Diamond for me and Pearl for my friend and then Platinum for both of us xD Hopefully it will just be White for me and Black for him... I don't care for the forest, the city, Zekrom, or Reshiram.... I just want Rankurusu xD

Gochiruzeru is in black city in pokemon black version

Rankurusu is in white forest in pokemon white version

https://serebii.net/blackwhite/versioncity.shtml

I'm not getting black as it looks cold and dead =\

The location of Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru have not been decided... They are just version exclusives as are the areas...

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • haha this is lame, its just a demo exclusive
    Demo exclusive? Not sure what you mean by that. Are you trying to say it's lame Black City and White Forest are game exclusives? Sorry, just confused what you were saying.

Well, those two places peak my interest. I wish there are a bit more info on those places like what tasks you'll be doing and such. Serebii.net mentions White Forest having wild Pokemon there, so I'm slightly more interested in White Forest at the moment. However, I'm waiting until more info is know about them before I decide which place I like better.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    this is still a bad idea, i liked how the regions were the same, i got the same experience no matter which game i got, but now its basically just a gimmick to get money, pokemon has been ruined.

i cant wait to see how they explain it in the anime, its gonna be so epic fail.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    this is still a bad idea, i liked how the regions were the same, i got the same experience no matter which game i got, but now its basically just a gimmick to get money, pokemon has been ruined.

i couldn't keep my "lmao" inside.

and its really no different than only like 5 exclusives for each version

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Not a bad idea at all actually. Game-wise, it gives each version more exclusiveness than just having a certain amount of different Pokemon. It makes the player choose much more carefully what they want in their game, and the whole experience a tad more unique. It's not all about the money really. A lot of people complained that they were getting tired of just having certain types of Pokemon in each version.

Plus, I can't understand why so many people bring the anime into this. The anime could go a completely different direction. It's not like the anime can't have both areas in separate or close locations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • this is still a bad idea, i liked how the regions were the same, i got the same experience no matter which game i got, but now its basically just a gimmick to get money, pokemon has been ruined.

I don't see it as a fail, it's quite brilliant and brings uniqueness to the two versions :).

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yes Pokemon is ruined FOREVER join the club, subscribe to the thread for it, and stfu and don't buy the game if its ruined... Get in the corner and think about what you did! *Points to corner of room*

Back