• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Friday Shopper collapses at Target; receives no help

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • It happens every year.
    Idiotic people, living in America, show how selfish they are by putting substance over being kind.
    How many people have died now due to being crushed or attacked or being ignored during these sales?

There is no need to imply idiots are only American. I mean, we clearly see in your thread about the racist lady on the tram that there are non-American idiots. ...American Idiot. Hm. I didn't plan that one, guess Green Day snuck up on me there.

Anyway, unfortunately this does happen. I have a co-worker who said her grandmother was trampled and wasn't helped for nearly an hour during her Black Friday shopping experience. May that man rest in peace, and may I never set foot into stores on Black Friday, no matter what tempts me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Every year there's a story like this. Every year I feel sick over it.

This is consumerism at its worst. A new TV is not more important than someone's life.

It happens every year.
    Idiotic people, living in America, show how selfish they are by putting substance over being kind.
    How many people have died now due to being crushed or attacked or being ignored during these sales?

I am sick of seeing these stories come up every year and I think the whole holiday should be abolished because people value their bargains over a human/s life.

Discussing Disgusting.​
    I was with you except for "living in America." What does that have to do with it? Sure, Black Friday is something that (as far as I know) only goes on in the US, but if you honestly think people wouldn't (and haven't) hurt others in the name of consumerism elsewhere, I'm quite sure you're mistaken. People are people, regardless of where you go.

Also, you can't really abolish it. If you closed stores on Friday, they'd just do the same thing Monday, and the government can't just abolish putting things on sale. There are better solutions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There's a reason why some people refer to humans as only self centered. It's sad to see this type of stuff happen when it does happen. Also it's not just shopper who do these kinds of things but drivers too who run over little girls or elderly man and don't stop to help him and the people behind him or her continue to drive past the now squished body (I feel sick about this even when it comes to animals).

Back