• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday

Years
  • We're coming up to that biggest of the big shopping seasons of the year. Are you planning to participate in any of these shopping days and if so what are you going to buy?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I never shop on Black Friday, I find the whole thing ridiculous, especially after working in a store on that day, so I stay home.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Maybe Cyber Money this year but I make no gaurentees since I have no money and I doubt I will have much more by the time it rolls around. As for Black Friday unless my sister wants to go out for some reason I don't think I'll be leaving the house during that day. Shopping isn't really my thing; shopping when the stores are super busy is even less my thing.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Most of the stores I tend to shop at (Newegg, TigerDirect, NCIX) have Black Friday all November, so I'll probably end up doing something. As for the actual day, I have nothing planned so far.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I stopped doing Black Friday after I started hearing about those people who died rushing into the stores. So I'll just stick to Cyber Monday.

Years
  • Definitely not shopping on Black Friday; I work. Didn't even know Small Business Saturday was a thing. Depending on my paychecks, maybe I'll order something on sale online, maybe? :s

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Small Business Saturday? Never heard of that one before

Anyway, Black Friday and Cyber Monday aren't really that big in Canada. I'm guessing because we have our Thanksgiving in early-October. But no sales follow it.

Our big shopping day is on Boxing Day, which is stupid because it's after Christmas. But, even then the sales absolutely pale in comparison to Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

A couple retailers here due try to put on some sales on Boxing Day and Cyber Monday, but nothing amazing. I take a peak all the same though

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Small Business Saturday is a new one. This is the first time I'm hearing of it.

I'm one of those people who look forward to Black Friday though. I don't know what it is about waking up 3AM in the morning and getting lost within a large group of people shopping for stuff, but I love it.

I skipped Black Friday last year though, because I didn't actually need anything. This year, I plan on jumping in on the crowd of people shopping on Black Friday and buying some stuff I need...and maybe some stuff I don't necessarily need, but the price is so good I just have to get it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm more of a Cyber Monday shopper than Black Friday. Black Friday is getting crazier and crazier by the year, and it gets overrated imo. I'm best by staying home, using my credit card, and buy Christmas gifts that are crazily on sale.

What do I plan to buy, you may ask? That's top secret! xD

Years
  • FYI: Small Business Saturday is something I only heard about last year (there were flyers and things on windows all over downtown) and it's just supposed to be an alternative to Black Friday where you support small businesses instead of big box chain stores.

Years
  • I've never been a big fan of participating in shopping days like that, so I won't be buying anything, no.

...I am especially not going out to buy anything on Black Friday. Nope. Not happening. The traffic alone would be horrendous and not worth the effort imo. <_< If I really want to go out and buy something I'll just wait until things calm down after.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've never made an effort to get out and buy things on Black Friday nor do I have the intention to. I work on Thanksgiving, so I'm tired and just wanna sleep in on Friday morning...er...Thursday night. Some Black Friday stuff starts before it's even Friday. Which is insane.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • If anything, the day AFTER big shopping days are generally where the real sales are, unless you're one of those people who want those super big TVs by lining up starting at 3 at night or something... I always do my shopping on the 27th, and though there's lower availability of items, the prices are way cheaper.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I believe I work Black Friday, so I can't really do much that day. I'll be looking forward to Cyber Monday, though!

Fuyuki~

Banned
    Years
  • I'd rather not have to enjoy the oh so wonderful and dignified death of being trampled by insane, retarded shoppers.

So no.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Here in Australia, we have Boxing Day sales on December 26. Every year my friend and I get up super early and get to the stores before they open and go on a shopping spree to buy everything we didn't get for Christmas.

Best day of the year imo, aside from December 25 :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I used to in college, because there it was a quick bus ride to the mall and it broke up the long Thanksgiving break which I would spend on campus with nothing to do. I didn't always buy something, but I did like window shopping and cruising the mall on its busiest day.

This year, however, aside from maybe buying a DVD online, I won't be able to get to participate in this legendary shopping weekend since the malls and stuff are simply too far away...

Back