• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black Kyurem/White Kyurem why do you like them?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • for the people who are fans of Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, why do you like them? what's your story? did you like them as soon as they were announced or did it take time? or do you just hate them altogether?

tbh, I hated them both and was pretty close minded about them until I saw a vore pic of Black Kyurem and Glaceon and ever since I liked Black Kyurem, although I'm Reshiram addict, still hate White Kyurem

Sirfetch’d

I don't like them at all. I would prefer to keep Kyurem in it's original forme because the fusions are just ugly to me. Yes, they are really strong and wonderful battlers, but I cannot stand to use them because they too visually unappealing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    White Kyurem is better to use in battles, because it's able to take advantage of its gigantic Special Attack with STAB moves like Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, and Draco Meteor. Black Kyurem has the ability to get through two to three of your opponent's Pokémon in a row with Outrage, but it doesn't have access to any trustworthy STAB attacks like White Kyurem does.

Design-wise, Black Kyurem is better, in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I don't like them at all. I would prefer to keep Kyurem in it's original forme because the fusions are just ugly to me. Yes, they are really strong and wonderful battlers, but I cannot stand to use them because they too visually unappealing.
    Basically just this. They're good for battles and that's their only redeeming feature. I hate their designs and I hate the concept of fusing Pokémon together to get them; the only positive is that it gives them some great stats and moves for battling. Though they both kept the Dragon/Ice-typing which was just silly in my eyes, but ehh... basically I'm not at all a fan of them haha.

Black Dynamite

Resident Noob
    Years
  • hmm, i too am not really a fan of the fusions, neither of them look smooth, they pretty much just took random body parts of each dragon and stuck it together. Although i like how they all look individually personally. Sometimes alot of detail can be a bad thing, and Pokemon aren't meant over detailed, that's for fan-art. :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think the designs are interesting, but the fusion makes stats so complex imo. Like when you fuse two different leveled, Ev'd, IV, etc, what happens? Not to mention if one is shiny (regardless of the shiny lock that I think exists between the 3?).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't care about stats at all :D But I generally prefer the original Zekrom and Reshiram to their Kyurem-fused forms. The colored wires make them look pretty cool though; I'm not against complicated designs as long as they don't go haywire. Black/White Kyurem are juuust on the edge.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    They're bad. Like really bad, especially from a design standpoint. They both look like whatever TPC could find scattered around their fridge and threw them on Kyurem and then put in some stupid wires and called it a day. Overdesigning at it's worst.

They're also kinda **** at battling because of there awful types.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    I like white kyurem more because of ultra high special stat and near perfect neutral stab. the design looks cool for both but white kyurem looks more visually appealing because of red flames. Or may be I'm biased.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't really like them at all tbh. Especially when it comes to fusing with Zekrom/Reshiram. But competitively I suppose they aren't bad, but that doesn't mean I can forgive their totally scalped designs.

Years
  • I don't see anything wrong with Black and White Kyurem, especially when you look at how impressive their BSTs are. White Kyurem is slightly better due to getting better advantage from its STAB moves, but Black Kyurem is still one heck of a destroyer in OU due to that hard-hitting Outrage. Yeah while their type combination is not the best in the world, I still love the design and concept nonetheless.

Back