• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like every generation of Pokémon, it always starts with two versions and then later earns a third counterpart. This case being Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. Simple as it is, which do you plan on getting?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Both.

This generation, for me, from what we've seen thus far, seems too fun to miss out on the other. (And for the common madness of restarting one version, and sticking around on another.)

Years
    Well, being as we don't know much about the versions, like which Pokemon are exclusive to which version, I am not sure. I may choose Pokemon Black, because I like it's logo.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It depends on the version-exclusives but I'll probably pick Black.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Yeah, like the others, I'm going to wait and see what the exclusives will be like before I decide. I'll probably end up getting both.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Both.

This generation, for me, from what we've seen thus far, seems too fun to miss out on the other. (And for the common madness of restarting one version, and sticking around on another.)
    I agree completely. Not only that, but for the first time, I'll also be importing the game from Japan and trying to play through the Japanese version of it before it hits for America. Now, deciding which one I'll get first is the question. I'm aiming for Black, but I want to see the box art (aesthetics play a part in my decision, unfortunately) before I make a final decision.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I wanted Black originally, as it is much more enigmatic and, well, sexy. My boyfriend and I had a bit of a struggle over it, and eventually it was agreed that I would take White and he Black, and that we may swap games after we finish.

I am very, very much looking forward to the third game. I hope it will be Pokemon Gray; it's the only logical avenue, in my opinion.

I suppose I am a little worried about version exclusives... I got the short end of the stick with SS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I'll try and get both and maybe the third one if there is.
    I'll probably play the one with the better version exclusives first.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I will most likely get both, as I will probably import one of the versions, then buy the other version in english. But I'm leaning towards Black to import.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I probably should have pcked "both" on the poll, but I'm mostly just going with Black version. It's one of my favorite colors, so, yeah... :P But I'll still get White Version eventually, though. I HOPE TO GOD THIS TIME I CAN IMPORT A JAPANESE GAME!!!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I don't want to decide yet since we know so little about them and the version exclusives but I selected both since I'm sure I'll get one and my brother the other. Of course he always gets bored with them eventually so I'll own myself Pokemon Black and White.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Most likely black, but if I end up seeing some cooler looking exclusives on White... it's quite possible I'll pick that one instead.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Both, who wouldn't? I definitely want to try use all of the Pokemon, it's a whole new generation that needs exploring.

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
    I'll be getting both without a doubt and will have to steal my little brother's DS so I can play them both at once as well. lol I don't like what they're doing though.. like when they made Ruby and Sapphire, then they made FireRed and LeafGreen, and then they came back and made Emerald to complement Ruby and Sapphire. Now they made HeartGold and SoulSilver, they're making Black and White, and later on I bet they're going to come out with something like SpiritCrystal or LiquidCrystal or something to that affect. I wish they would take it one generation at a time instead of getting my hopes up for a Crystal (my favorite Pokemon game EVER) remake soon after HG and SS were released. >.>

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    The black is the one that is obliviously the bigger one.

But i will most likely get all; three versions like every Pokemon game i have bought

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back