• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

miley810

Assassin
    Years
    I do plan to one day get white as well but that will be the distent future I believe,and I like fighting trainers more then wild pokemon and I can do that anywhere else in that game pretty much.

WolfAlchemist

Royal Guard
    Years
    White. At first I was thinking of getting Black until I heard how the legendaries were 'switched' around. I find Zekrom more appealing then Reshiram(I've probably spelled that wrong). Black & blue is one of my favorite color schemes. Also, once I had looked up the exclusives for both versions...I was sold on White. Poochyena & Rufflet? Yess. Already preordered White. Of course I'll get Black eventually & whatever third version they'll make.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yup, tomorrow morning (early, at around 10ish) I'm getting in the car and going to GAME where I reserved/Pre-Ordered it on 19th Feb during Celebi event and getting White, then I will probally be playing for a reaaaly long time :D

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Well I'll eventually be getting all three, when I have the money and when the third installment releases, and therefore I voted "All Three".

However, I'm starting with White as it has the best pokemon, and I like the nature vs. industry type style that the two games hold, and I'm more a nature guy myself. Also Zekrom is awesome, and the version exclusive pokemon are just generally better in White. :]

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I was originally going to go with Black because I prefer Reshiram and like the color black over white. However, once I learned that Rufflet/Braviary were exclusive to White, I had to switch. Normally I choose my game based on the preferred legendary, but this time I picked because I simply adore Braviary and need a flying type for my team. In all the other generations I've gone with the starting bird (Pidgey, Taillow, Starly), but the Pidove line...sorry, just can't do it. Unfezant just looks...strange to me. Zekrom has grown on me since then, and the only time I really use legendaries anyway is when I'm battling with my friends casually.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Well, since the release of the US version I can now post here, I did get the JPN versions both Black and White, I finished both of those, but since I do not understand Japanese, I did again get both the Black and White versions today, I started playing White 1st and have enjoyed it all day long and hope to enjoy Black just as well!! :)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Planning on getting a hard copy of both of them. Yep, since my sister is going on vacation to California, I'll just ask her to get them for me, since they are going to be cheaper. I'm probably going to save around $20, which is awesome. Can't wait, stoked fo sure.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    I wouldn't really matter what I get so I would get both.I think Zekrom is Stronger by its stats if you look at seriibii website about zekrom, But the sad thing is I can only get one game why? because in my country it cost $95.00 for one game which sucks :(.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    White. And unless you watch a totally unrelated magical girl anime you might not understand my reasoning (then again, you could look at my bishie list and probably find out why.

Yeah, my reason has absolutely nothing to do with the actual Pokemon or content in the game.

well, that and the fact that my brother wants Black

nm legend

Years
    hmmm i got Black becuase its black......but im looking at the cover of White rite now and Zekrom looks freakin awesome....... but whatever im happy

Back