• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    I have a twin brother, so while he's getting Black I'm getting White. I have to save my money though...

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I plan on playing Pokemon Black, but I ended up pre-ordering both black and white :\ who knew a 9 year old could have that much persuasion on a 17 year old? lol

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Gosh, I still can't decide on which version I'm buying.

I was planning on buying both on release day but then... But then I found out that the 3DS also comes out in March and I am running low on money, so er... T_T

I like Reshiram so much more and also Black City but then... Then I really decided that I wanted a Wargle and so... So I think that I'm going to end up buying White...? Hmph, so difficult to decide! D;

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm getting both games because I'm collecting the Pokemon DS games. I'm going to play through White first (White Forest), then Black. If a third game comes out...I'll probably get that too. ^_^

inomoo221

Lv. 70 Pidgey
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I guess I prefer White over Black. Mainly because I'd rather explore a big forest than a big city. Also, White has Reuniclus and Doredia, and I want both of them, they're just too cool. Meh, I'll also probably end up getting the third game as well.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    I think I'm going to get white, mainly because of the version exclusives and white forest.

Plus I think Zekrom looks better (yes I am judging by the cover..;))

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I think White, because I prefer White Forest to Black City. And I prefer Dorieda and My Blobby, so yeah. xD

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Black of course :P If you choose white you are a racist plus Black sounds cooler and I prefer Reshiram so yeah

Mod note: Please refrain from making accusations as to whether people purchasing White are racist or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm surprised that more people voted for White as people normally go for the first came (Red, Gold, Sapphire, Fire Red, Diamond, Heart Gold) but I prefere White, so I will be getting Pokémon White.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    I've been if-ing and but-ing for a while now, then I noticed them both up for Pre-order on Amazon and I just automatically did the 1-click buy now on Pokémon White... I suppose I have my answer then. I'll probably get Black a little bit later, after having had time to have done everything in White (I always do). Usually I check out the version exclusives (not the legendaries, just the regular Poke's) and decide if either has a Pokémon that I really want otherwise it's just which one has the cooler case.

...So is it the 4th March yet? ;)

Lexxy

sup brah?
    Years
    I'll probably be getting White.

• Doredia < - do want badly
    • Braviary < - also do want badly
    • I'm not really fond of the Legendary though but I can always trade I guess and get the other one.
    • White Forest :D
    • I love how Pokemon White is more like a natural theme. I'm not really loving the technological theme in Black

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i will be getting both when they are released. i have them both in japanese already and love them. i will probably start with white just because i started with black when i played them in japanese. and i will definitely get the third game prob in both languages as well. (complete set ^_^)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    If I could afford it, I'd get both (or even all three). But since I can't afford that, I'll just go with white for the White Forest. ^_^

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I'm getting White, cos I think Zekrom looks awesome
    Also, they're making a third game?

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    I pre ordered Black, since I saw so many people are going to get White, and I prefer some of the exclusives in Black more. But I'll get White eventually.

Back