• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black Tower/ White Treehollow

Ice Car

Banned
Years
  • Fairly difficult in that you have no items and only get one chance to heal per floor, you have to play smarter and think more and can't readily sacrifice a mon'. If you take a lot of damage from an attack your team'll feel it.

I'm at Area 9 now. I stopped temporarily so I can evolve my Electabuzz finally at level 80, since it needs more coverage with its moves.

Lucky Egg+Exp Share worked wonders for me

give Lucky Egg to a Level 1 pokemon, put in the front of your party, battle a level 60 pokemon, watch it shoot up like 30 levels XD

ah, good times
    How can your pokemon hold two items

****ing hacker

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm in the middle of Black Tower right now. I like this new addition, its quite challenging I think!

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
    Years
  • I found it pretty challenging and i LOVE the prize, i have never even seen a shiny pokemon so a shiny dratini was awesome! I now am the proud owner of a shiny dragonite named SNITCHE5.

Years
  • I played through White 2 with a friend (he had Black 2) and we traded "keys" as soon as we both beat the Elite 4, switching our games over to Challenge Mode as soon as we finished the main story.

I didn't start going through the White Treehollow right away, 'cause I wanted to do a little training. I wasn't sure exactly how it worked and I thought I had to go through all ten floors at once, but I did start the White Treehollow once my Pokémon were around Level 65 (as soon as I realized each floor was its own separate challenge).

The first two or three floors were a breeze for me, but the later floors definitely got more challenging. There were a few times when I ran by multiple trainers in hope of finding a nurse! The prize is quite amazing, but I probably won't train the shiny Dratini I got. I've never been one to train shiny Pokémon or use them in my teams, so he'll probably just stay in my PC.

Pinta77

This is the place where you get shiny dratini/garchomp right? I haven't gotten here yet. I \honestly can't wait though.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • This is the place where you get shiny dratini/garchomp right? I haven't gotten here yet. I \honestly can't wait though.
    No, Black Tower is where you defeat Benga to receive a Shiny Gible, White Treehollow is where you defeat Benga to receive a Shiny Dratini. You actually receive them at Alder's house in Floccesy Town after defeating Benga for the first time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2015
    I limited myself to one badge a day in the game... I could have gotten 6 badges...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • OH. MY. GARSH.

Level 7...

Level 7!!!

I scoured the first floor, scoured the third floor. It took me forever to figure out there was a floor between them. I was on Level seven for many hours before I found the gate trainer. After the gate trainer, I had two pokemon left. Each one could only take one hit each. On my way to the Boss I find a Doctor. This is the moment of truth; either my entire team is revived, or I lose hours of progress. I beat the doctor and the Boss.

Level 7.... May we never forget...

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Just finished the last level in White Treehollow. After like level 5 they got pretty dang annoying. :P And all the trainers gave me like the exact same clue about the gate trainer. Not to mention some of the trainers were pretty hard to avoid.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    To me it wasn't the most challenging thing, but it wasn't particularly easy. What really got me was the boss trainers with legendary Pokemon. All I could think to say was, "What are you doing with that Pokemon?!" xD

Years
  • I may not have played yet but I saw them on a YouTube video and I love the designs, especially the White Treehollow.

Also, I love the nice Shiny Dratini/Gible you get after defeating Benga but I'm not all that keen for shinies.

EDIT: OMG this is my 5,000th post?

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I got a medal for beating level 10 of Black Tower in 6 battles or less. (four)

I got very Lucky on that one. One battle on floor 1, one on floor 2, doctor on floor 4, Boss Benga.

Lucky.

Back