• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black & White have already lost, thanks to history and the past failures of Pokémon

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
This is coming from someone who's known to be stubborn and nitpicky as possible when it comes to any sequel in their favorite game series. I love what I've seen of B/W so far. There, I've said it.

Zorua and Zoroark look like interesting, if a bit cliche in appearance, pokemon, what with the unconfirmed ability for zoroark to copy his opponent's stats and all.

The starters are actually quite original conceptually. We've never seen a grass-type snake or a fire-type pig before, and even though a water-type otter has been done before Mijumaru has a completely different aesthetic than Buizel does, so it's cool. I can't wait to see what they evolve into either. I'm looking forward to seeing a Forest-themed T-Rex, a wild boar with a flaming body, and a ferocious amphibious bear. Badass.

As for the protagonists, I love the fact that Gamefreak has officially made them older. I mean, they've been looking older every generation, and it is a little disconcerting to hear that May and Dawn are supposed to be ten. The other major implication is that the story will likely be written a lot differently than previous games, No longer are you a ten-year-old kid on an adventure just to be on an adventure. You're now going to be a teenager who was most likely summoned to adventure for some significant reason. Who knows?

Just my two cents, and I really should post this in my blog so I don't draw attention from Ryan's awesome vocalization of the same opinion. XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
No no, that's exactly (same for the opposite side) of what I wanted to get. That is absolutely fine by me. XD; Thank you, Timbjerr.

And yes, Digi-kun and I thought dinosaur too! Dilophosaurus, to be exact.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am currently in love with the otter<333 It's the cutest thing since Klippy I don't know and I love love love it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
1. Gen 4 was my favourite and NOT just because it brought Cherrim into my life.

2. I loved Dawn's miniskirt it was adorable. :( I just hate the new shorts because they look like the pre-ripped crap that I harp on people for owning these days lmao. Everything else in the girl's design? I love love love love love it. :D And the guy looks good too. No GLARING DESIGNS THAT MAKE ME WANT TO PUNCH HIM like most character designs lately. *shot, lol*

3. I am looking forward to B/W. If I don't like the starters, I'll just go against my "new Pokemon game morals" and toss a Cherubi into the game to play through with. Problem solved.

4. Maybe the reason I like 4th gen so much is because I'd almost given up hope with the Pokemon games after gen 3. I really, really disliked gen 3. :( Anything is an improvement over it, imo.

5. idk why I'm numbering this.

6. Honestly, I don't see a problem with hating gen 5 but at least wait until we have more than some (shoddily or wonderfully designed, depending how you see it) starters and protagonist scans. :| Yeah it could suck but it could also be awesome. And you know what? It's a Pokémon game either way. It's not going to revolutionize the gaming industry. The games did that once 12 years ago and don't need to do it again because they found a formula that worked. If the formula doesn't work for you anymore, time to bow out and get into the spinoffs or quit the games altogether but saying [any new] games are crap is silly because they're pretty much the same damn game we've always enjoyed. YOUR TASTES are what are changing. :/ And if the games still entertain you? Great. Keep playing them. But realize not everything is gonna sit well with you and the things you're bashing? Someone else likes them with equal fervor that you hate them.

7. I really hope they don't make a Cherrim evolution. ._. I'm sick of feeling the need to evolve all my favourite Pokémon. Dude, the only one of my favourites that's fully evolved is Probopass.

11. I just wanted an 11.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Wolflare;bt42832 said:
Also:
Spoiler:

It wasn't nostalgia, I mean, the designs are looking more and more like neo pet/digimon/some other bad thing nobody plays anymore. I mean, Dialga? REALLY? was that the BEST they can do? Yeah, Gen 4 was horrible. I could talk about all the bad things platinum caused, but there is a character limit.

@ timbjrr (about new plot) "lol" They haven't significantly changed the plot in 10 years. New names, "bad". New plot "sorta...", new legendaries "why so many???".

Brings me to my next point, why does there need to be SO many legendaries. It was all fine and dandy with having less than 10, why do we need half a pokedex? [/reckless exageration]. But lets be honest, we have a pokemon for literally every aspect of life, what the hell is possibly left? "Being of GameFreak is a bunch of Lazy Asses"? Oh wait, thats DP! :x

I don't eagerly anticipate it. In fact, the only reason I'm buying them is because back when I was a kid I said I would buy all the main line pokemon games. (RBYGSCFRLGRSEDPPHGSS etc) I just hope for one thing, and one thing only.

They pay attention to the metagame. I know we are a relatively small group compared to the big scheme of things, but honestly, don't make stealth rocks v2.0 and troll us with broken stuff anymore, its not cute. And no boosting Draco Meteor's base power to 180.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm a card-carrying member of Roy Mustang's Miniskirt Army. I WANT to see my protagonist in a miniskirt.

There, I said it. Now PC knows about another one of my fetishes, lol

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'll decide when I see the plot. Honestly, Emerald was quite fun, and I enjoyed it more than any other game up to date. D/P/P felt kind of messy until the end. That's probably why Colosseum and XD are my favourite pokémon games, plot-heavy without killing the regular battle style.

HGSS got a free card because of nostalgia, but it needs more plot. It's a RPG. I don't care about how pretty the new pokémon look, or I wouldn't have enjoyed Quartz so much. I don't care /much/ about the graphics. Give me a good plot and I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
*Emerald, Went.

dontkillmeforcorrectingyouD:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'm with you pretty much to the point that you say that you like Mijumaru. :D

Tsutaja is by far cooler.. and even Pokabu looks cute. But Mijumaru... ):

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Awesome replies, thanks all. :D

@ Vrai, just wait till we see what it evolves into. Then everyone will be like MAGIKARP 2.0!

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
BeachBoy;bt42928 said:
Awesome replies, thanks all. :D

@ Vrai, just wait till we see what it evolves into. Then everyone will be like MAGIKARP 2.0!

Watch it turn into an ugly clown. And then everyone will be like "ew", and I'll laugh.

Back